“A hidden gem, fantastic value”

The Viking Ship Cafe
Ranked #21 of 195 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
London, England, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem, fantastic value”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Beautiful place with fantastic service, excellent menu to choose from and superb food.

Love their affogato (the tastiest ice-cream I've ever tried in my life coupled with a supreme coffee) and all the meals deserve a praise. The service is very good too, the owners are very friendly, caring and smiley. They will definitely go that extra mile for you and you will be coming back again and again.

Home-made cakes deserve to be mentioned as well, as well as all the freshly made coffee and hot chocolate, which are made with extra care, so highly recommend.

It's also exceptional value for money, because the prices are just incredibly low, yet the value is overwhelming!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Maria-Luisa R

Broadstairs, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Cafe, Great Food, Warm, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been here a few times now and it really is a great place to eat. The staff are accommodating, attentive and friendly and make you feel immediately at home. The service was very quick and I can highly recommend the Sausage and Egg sandwiches!

Not only that, but the view you get overlooking the sea is a truly beautiful sight which really tops the place off.

Would recommend to anyone and I'll be sure to go again and again!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank nickforeman1
“Quality food, excellent service”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

A lovely location with the cafe and food enhancing the experience. Excellent friendly service, customers always served with a smile.

2 Thank Judith J
London
“lovely place to visit and super food”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

always impressed by the delicious homemade food and homemade cakes on offer. Had breakfast for the first time in the cafe recently and it was one of the best around. The staff are so friendly and welcoming - my family and I love visiting this local treasure after a walk along the old ferry port sea front.

• Visited August 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
“Nice place to sit shame about the food”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Used to come here all the time for lunch or a quick drink.. Until one day when my partner ordered a cheese burger.I had the sandwich which I have to say was quite nice plenty of salad ect..But this burger was something else it was grey and the cheese was moldy (it was meant to be cheddar) The bun was soggy from fat seeping into the roll. They sell Multipack coke that clearly states "not to be sold separately" But they do and at £1. + Isn't that against the law ? I will not be spending another penny at this establishment as they are clearly ripping people off..I really do not understand the good reviews on her ? I bet they are from the local people that sit outside all day with one cup of tea. Please also be aware that cars park on the grass right next to this place,and some really couldnt care what speed they are doing,so keep your eyes open and watch you're children !! You can also bring a picnic and sit on the benches which the cafe do not own ! That is a much better option and you wont go home with a dicky tummy !

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Samantha C
vikingship2013, Owner at The Viking Ship Cafe, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I am confused about the accuracy of this review.
Here are the facts:-
1) We have NEVER sold coke for £1 it has ALWAYS been 80p.
2) We have always bought our drinks from local wholesalers and NEVER from a supermarket.
3) Our burgers are 100% beef quality burgers. If I had received a suspect burger I would have gone straight to the manager and complained. We never had a complaint.
4) We have a 5 * Health & Hygiene rating and have been in catering for over 20 years without a customer having a 'dicky tummy'.
5) Why would you make so many negative reviews about East Kent establishments when you are based in the Isle of Man !!!!!!???!!!
6) ALL our customers are courteous and safe drivers aware of the many children, dogs and cyclists that use the green to play on.