“Absolute Gem.”
Review of Pegwell Bay Hotel

Pegwell Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed here for one night on business after it was recommended to me by a colleague and I'm glad I took his advice.
Right from the offset when I was greeted by an extremely friendly girl at reception and my room, which although wasn't facing the sea (the travel office at work had booked a single room) was still very charming, spotlessly clean and had a lovely bathroom.
The area was really quiet at night even with the window open and as a result I got a great nights sleep.
The breakfast consisted of a very good choice of food, served again by very friendly staff in a pleasant, clean environment. There is also a great view of the bay directly over the road which makes for some nice photographs in the evening.
The hotel has a large car park which is a huge bonus, and in addition there are two nice pubs over the road which serve good food.
The hotel does have a special charm to it but I can't work out what it is. I will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: If you are travelling alone, if you want a sea view you will need to request a room at the front, ot...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Duststorm
PegwellBayHotel, Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feed back on your stay. Apologies for the delay in responding!

We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found the staff to be friendly and welcoming. We do pride ourselves on the level of service we offer and are pleased you found this to be the case.

We hope to welcome you back if you are visint the area again

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 3 nights a week for the last 5 years whilst on business. It is without doubt the best Hotel in the area. Rooms are all very good and if you get a suite they are excellent. Cleanliness in this hotel is first class. Comfortable rooms with superb showers.
Breakfast is very very good, cooked fresh and served to your table not your usual buffet.
With my job I stay in Hotels all over Europe and the UK from the Hiltons to Hyatts and the occasional broom cupboard and the Pegwell rates very near the top of my list for a small very welcoming hotel. I would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Book early this hotel can get very busy
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul F
PegwellBayHotel, Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feeed back on our Hotel.

We love to welcome back our regular guests and are really pleased to hear you enjoy coming back to stay.

Becca

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We got married here about 5 months ago and had the most fantastic day. Everything I asked for was done and Becca was amazing! She made the whole day run smoothly. I love the setting of the hotel and overlooking the sea on my wedding day was a great talking point. I also had the bbq option for our meal and it was out of this world. I didn't have much myself but there was plenty of food for everyone and it was all top quality. We stayed in a honeymoon suite overnight that again overlooked the sea and it was beautiful. We also had the option of breakfast in bed which was great! If I could I would do it all over again and it would be here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Ah we love hearing from our past bride & grooms! Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely comments.

We are delighted that you day was everything you dreamed of and hope you have some great memories of it.

Becca x

Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed at the Pegwell for three nights over Christmas 2011 as a convenient base of operations within a few minutes walking distance from relatives we were visiting for Christmas. The hotel is very well furnished, with a large and comfortable room (we got a free upgrade to one of the suites) with a very comfortable bed, large and decent shower, good TV, tea and coffee making facilities etc. - and the hotel left us with a couple of small Christmas souvenir gifts which was a nice touch. We did not make any use of the hotel restaurant and amenities other the the large car park, but would comment that the keycard access is convenient and secure. The hotel is right opposite the Sir Stanley Gray pub owned by the same company, we have been there before for meals and it was a very nice pub/restaurant, and apparently you can charge drink/meals to the hotel room. There are a couple of other pub/restaurants nearby, we heard no noise from them (Christmas Eve + two subsequent nights). Definitely a drive to any 'civilisation'.
If we had to pick a negative aspect, the prices were a little higher than we would have expected for a very off-season booking.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denmead-Couple
PegwellBayHotel, Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feed back on our hotel. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay with and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

Once a home for retired union members, it has been completely refurbished. everything was excellent. All rooms overlook the sea. The sash window can be opened wide to get plenty of sea air. Beds and pillows as comfortable as at home. Excellent shower. The rest of the en-suite very well designed. Plenty of cupboard space. The staff without exception good-humoured, friendly, welcoming and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Good pub meals and excellent breakfasts are in the pub on the other side of the (quiet) road, connected by tunnels to the hotel. All the staff we saw were local, usually part time students. The married couple who manage the hotel are clearly exceptional. We cannot remember staying in a hotel where we couldn't find a single thing to complain about.

Room Tip: As far as we could judge, all rooms are equally good. It is in a very quiet location and although we...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 190798David

Thank you for your review, and the feed back you have left about our Hotel.

We are delighted to hear you found everthing to be of a hight standard, and that all of our staff were friedly and helpfull - something we pride our selves on.

We do hope that should you be vising the area in the future, you will come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed at the Pegwell Bay hotel for two nights on business had room 104, the quality of the room is good but for me the old issue of a comfortable chair to sit in continues there were two modern high back dining room chairs, O/K for sitting at a desk but not for prolonged leisure.
I paid extra for sea view and like a previous comment I could see the sea but only just, the room was warm and had a comfortable bed.
The bathroom was strange the door and corridor in it was 2’ wide but when in there was a good shower but very limited space for a big person.
Breakfast was extra which at £75 a night is a bit steep probably why the hotel was not well occupied, but it was tasty and well cooked, the staff were all efficient and polite.
Would I go back, no too expensive for what it is but it is not a bad hotel just lacks the wow factor that I was expecting, a bit of a let down for the price.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ejb2108

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feed back on our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with your room for the price that was paid. It would appear that you had made your reservaton through an online booking site, as £75 with out breakfast is not our standard, direct tariff.

104 is one of our standard sea facing doubles. We do have a number of Superior doubles, some with panoramic views across the sea. These are bookable direct with the hotel from around £100. We hope that you would re-consider staying with us again, and if you would like to contact me direct I would be more than happy to discuss your reservation and advise a suitable room to offer that "wow factor"

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Staff were very helpfully and nothing was to much trouble. Clean and tidy rooms I would stay here again without a second thought. 5 Starr

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Timpearcetravel
PegwellBayHotel, Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsgate
Royal Harbour Hotel
#9 of 10 in Ramsgate
The Yarrow Hotel
The Yarrow Hotel
#1 of 2 in Broadstairs

Been to Pegwell Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!