“New Years Eve Gala Break”
Review of Pegwell Bay Hotel

Pegwell Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our room, with a side sea view, was not over large, but big enough and comfortable and warm. The en suite shower room had all you needed and it was all very clean.

The Ravenscliffe Suite where the gala meal and disco were held, was decorated beautifully, with round tables for larger groups.
The food in the main was good, with some choices better than others.
The DJ played music to suit most tastes, and the dance floor was full !!
This was all topped off by fireworks to let in the New Year.

On the whole it was a well organised evening.

We enjoyed our buffet cooked breakfast New Year's Day in a beautiful dining room. The following day it was served to us at the table, as is the norm.

We enjoyed an evening meal in the Sir Stanley Grey Pub across the road on our 2nd night and as it was blowing a gale, the underground access was very handy!

This hotel must come into its own during the spring and summer months due to its sea front location and we hope to return.

Mustn't forget the staff. They were all very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
PegwellBayHotel, General Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here in Pegwell. The New Year period was a very busy one and I am pleased you enjoyed the Gala Dinner Dance and found the accommodation to your satisfaction. My Team really appreciate receiving and discussing reviews from our honoured guest and I thank you for taking time to write.
Alan Moore

There are newer reviews for Pegwell Bay Hotel

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We booked a double room with a bay view for two nights, via the internet, on the day of arrival. We arrived at 2.30 and went to our room which was on the 3rd floor (top floor). It was not very spacious and very very cold!!! By 6.00 it was still freezing even though the radiators were pumping full blast. We asked for a warmer room and we were moved within minutes and without any fuss to the first floor. The room seemed larger as it was not in the eaves and it was so much warmer. We only had breakfast on the first morning as the fried food was very oily. We couldn't eat it!!! The pub across the road, Stanley Grey, is owned by the hotel and is very cosy, serving good food at excellent value. All the staff are so very friendly and the parking is good. Sadly, the hotel is isolated. It is a 20 minute walk to Ramsgate harbour and there is nothing around and about the hotel. We would probably stay again if visiting the area!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first or second floor. Worth paying extra for a bay view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for submitting a review following your stay with us in December. I am pleased that we were able to change rooms for you. Recently repairs and servicing to the double glazed units on the top floor have been carried out and those rooms are now considerably warmer! Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Alan Moore

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We had a wonderful three day break. the room was spacious, clean and comfortable.
The staff were helpful and polite and the front facade of the building is fabulous.
I would return and will tell others as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I loved the spacious room. Bed and the pillows were so comfy I got a great nights sleep. And if you leave the curtains open straight ahead of the bed you get a great view of the sea. Some amazing sunsets too. This was room 201.
The staff are so lovely, nothing is too much trouble. Plenty of choices of food as well. We are veggie so sometimes menu's can be limited. Not the case here. The pub over the road which is linked to the hotel by an underground tunnel is friendly and once again they will do all they can to help you. Massive portions.
Breakfast was excellent. And once again if something isn't out they will do their best to get you it.
Very very clean rooms and hallways. Will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: We had room 201 and it was quiet and had the best views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I attended a wedding at the pegwell bay hotel, I am a fussy eater and the food served at the reception was not to my taste. This however was not the issue. After dinner was served and I realised the only thing I could eat was a yorkshire pudding I approached the staff and asked if it was possible to order something off the menu and eat it with the rest of my family. This seemed to be a problem for them and the member of staff I asked had to fetch the manager. The manager then came over to me and said that I could but they wouldnt interupt anything and I would have to wait. I would never expect that they would interupt anything and they way ot was said upset me. I was then brought a menu which again was very fussy and had very little I could eat, infact all I could eat off the menu was a kids meal and some garlic bread, so I went to the bar to order this. The man at the bar saod they were not allowed to serve me a kids meal and when I asked him why he couldnt give me a reason and then agreed to do it. At this point I was relieved as it was now 4pm and I hadnt eaten all day. About 10 minutes later the manager came over and told me they couldnt serve me a kids meal and again could provide no reason as to why and she was very rude and abrupt, in the end I gave up and just asked for my money back. It upset me so much that I was spoken to like this infront of my partner and family I was in tears and had to go to the bathroom to compose myself. Bear in mind I am 27 and im extremely embarrassed about having to eat differently to everyone else but I have health problems which mean I have to be carefull what I eat. In the end I ordered a pizza from dominos and sat outside on the front doorstep eating something at last. Having this level of poor service ruined my evening on what should have been a joyous day.

• Stayed: November 2013
5  Thank kickingal
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Booked into the hotel after a recommendation from a friend.
However room 102 is above the front entrance and is next to the fire exit door on the landing, not the best room in the hotel. The restaurant/ bar is across the road and when it rains you get wet.However the food and service was very good.
The room was small but clean as was the bathroom, big question would I go back???? Probably not if there was a better hotel in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mikec-edinburgh
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights whilst attending a function at the hotel. Can't fault it, the room was spacious with glorious view of the bay, staff are very friendly, breakfast is good, bed comfortable, I will certainly stay there again when I visit Ramsgate.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsgate
Royal Harbour Hotel
Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster
Walpole Bay Hotel
Walpole Bay Hotel
#2 of 12 in Margate

Been to Pegwell Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!