“Location good.Service poor”
Review of Pegwell Bay Hotel

Pegwell Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed I'm April.having been highly recommended. But we won't stay again. The staff were rude really, for 3 star, it felt more like a 1. The food at the belle Vue was good though. We felt the hotel lacked atmosphere and is geared for weddings only
, very disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank archerbow
PegwellBayHotel, General Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to write a review but am extremely puzzled and concerned about some of the content that appears completely at odds with all other reviews. It would be appreciated if you would contact me via the hotel email. reception@pegwellbayhotel.co.uk
General Managet

There are newer reviews for Pegwell Bay Hotel

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My first visit to Kent and for a family wedding, and we were not disappointed. Upon arrival the welcome was very warm and we were checked in very quickly. Our double executive room was very clean and not at all cramped despite a travel cot in it. Lots of stairs between floors (but a lift) but with a toddler always had to be on guard! The views from the hotel were breathtakingly, even waiting for the lift! The breakfast room overlooked the bay with yet again stunning scenery and the food was delicious. The full English breakfasts were just great. They catered well for our 2 year old toddler making her scrambled egg. Huge variety of food to choose from and very pleased. Everything tasted very good quality

The adjoining pub which helped serve guests dinner despite looking a little tired on the outside couldn't have been more different on the inside. Another warm welcome from staff and amazing food. Brilliant value and not small portions. I had the smoked poached haddock with a poached egg and mash. Absolutely delicious. Another wonderful pub next door was the belle vue pub. Again great food and even better views with ample decking out the back overlooking the bay. Both pubs book up quickly so just make sure you book one in advance as other options are a bit further away.

What made the stay even nicer for me as a mum with a young child was that nothing was too much for the reception team to help with. They were very kind helping me on numerous ocassions with milk to be stored etc. A very personal touch and a very hands on caring team.

The wedding reception was held in the Clifton suite - and again the views were wonderful. Food great. Service good too. Beautiful room as well.

I would highly recommend this hotel and we will be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. My Team and I appreciate how important family occasions are and that all guests are made to feel welcome and given great service.
We regularly discuss all reviews posted and your kind comments are much appreciated.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Pegwell Bay Hotel for 2 nights. On arrival the welcome was instant, the Reception staff were fantastic. During the stay we ran out of milk for a cup of tea and the Receptionist personally brought the extra milk up to our room as Housekeeping had finished for the day. The room was clean, tidy as was the bathroom facilities. We were on the top floor which allowed us excellent views towards Sandwich and Deal. The walk into Ramsgate wasn't too bad took us about 20 minutes (as we were walking slow). The tunnel under the road to the pub which belongs to hotel made getting meals quicker. Breakfast was £7.50 each but it was well worth it - Juice, Cereals, Fruit, Yoghurt, Full English or even anything you requested which wasn't on the menu. Well done Pegwell Bay Hotel staff (Reception/Housekeeping/Waitresses and Bar Staff). I have already recommended you to other friends and family. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have sea views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

I am so pleased you enjoyed your short break with us and thank you for taking the trouble to write a review. My Team and I really appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We booked 3 nights at this hotel in March around my birthday, and chose it for the location. We weren't disappointed - situated about 30 mins walk from Ramsgate centre in a peaceful area, with the coastal path nearby - alternatively a 5 min drive. The rooms were clean, with good bathroom facilities, breakfasts excellent but charged as an extra, and the staff friendly and helpful. Having a real ale pub attached was a bonus, with standard pub grub available. Ramsgate is pleasant, with all the facilities needed (restaurants, bars, etc), Broadstairs is worth a visit (we walked) and Canterbury, Deal, and Sandwich are also easily accessible by car. One place to avoid is Margate/Cliftonville - not very nice in our opinion. All in all, a very relaxing stay.

Room Tip: There is a good lift which services all floors, and accesses the breakfast room and the tunnel to th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I was so pleased to learn from your review that you enjoyed your time with us and the surrounding area. Please don't write Margate completely off! There is a considerable amount of rejuvenation taking place in the area.
My Team and I look forward to welcoming back.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Friend and I recently stayed at this lovely hotel. Certainly can't fault anything, room clean and nicely decorated. All staff helpful and friendly. OK one criticism wifi very slow but we were on the 3rd floor which did have a lovely sea view. Hope to return soon

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grant45

Many thanks for your review we all really appreciate receiving feedback from our valued customers.
I am sorry you experienced slow response when using our WiFi - we had reported a fault and both our Wifi provider and line provider have investigated. I am pleased to report that service has now returned to normal.
Please come back to see us again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We booked inton this hotel for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding that was to take place there.
Our room and bathroom looked as if it was newly re - furnished , it was light, clean and pleasant although it did have a strange musty smell.Although the room faced the sea the view was blocked by the adjacent pub and overlooked the bins and empty beer kegs.
The staff were extremely helpful , polite and cheerful. Breakfast was excellent.
We weren't able to have dinner in the hotel itself( possibly because of the wedding the following day) so we went across the road to the pub which is joined to the hotel by an underground corridor. The pub has a fantastic sea view but looked shabby and the drinks were expensive so we went to the pub next door which was far superior.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz S

Thank you for posting your review.
I pleased you were made to feel welcome and enjoyed your stay with us.
I am concerned you were unable to eat with us as most of our food service takes place in the Sir Stanley Gray - our pub/restaurant and should not have been affected by the wedding activities.
I do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We held our wedding at Pegwell Bay Hotel on 17th April as one of the packages offered.
We had an amazing day, it was all we could of asked for and so much more! The setting is beautiful.
Aimee is amazing, she took all the stress away and ensured everything ran smoothly.
The food was amazing as was the evening buffet!!
The rooms are beautiful with amazing view across the bay!!
Thank you to everyone who made our day run without a hitch!!!

Nathan & Sacha Batchelor

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank keenieweenie

Congratulations on your recent wedding.
I am really pleased to learn that the day was perfect and thank you for taking the time to post a review.. Your feedback is much appreciated as we know how important the Big Day is to everyone.
The Pegwell Team and I look forward to seeing you again.
Alan Moore

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsgate
Royal Harbour Hotel
Holiday Inn Express, Ramsgate - Minster
Walpole Bay Hotel
Walpole Bay Hotel
#2 of 12 in Margate

Been to Pegwell Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!