“Such a pleasure..”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Such a pleasure..”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I don't have any negative comments about The Pegwell Hotel, everything is as it should be, spotlessly clean, very comfortable, excellent food tremendous value for money, staff are amazing so much so at nine o'clock at night I arrived back after a very hectic day and asked if it were possible to have a couple of rounds of sandwiches and a bottle of wine sent to my room from the moment I asked it took 11 mins for it to arrive....I had only just had time to get there myself. The shower is tremendous and so easy to use as was the WiFi, the facilities in the room were also very good. Well done to the staff and owners....keep up the good work and I hope to be back there soon.

Room Tip: Any room is good but there are sea views to be had so might be worth an ask.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
PegwellBayHotel, General Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
It was great to read your positive comments following your visit. I am pleased were able accommodate your request for refreshments and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Alan Moore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I recently took a business group to this hotel for lunch. We used the Clifton suite which has a magnificent veranda overlooking the sea and on a sunny day is lovely to have lunch on. The food was good local food well made and good portion sizes. The price was neither cheap nor expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Allisoncsuk
Thank you for taking the time to post and review from which I was delighted to learn that you and your group enjoyed the experience and tremendous views.

Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I were invited to a wedding reception at this hotel and it is a most beautiful setting right next to the sea. The tables and dining area was set out in a very picturesque way to make the day special. The meal was just so delicious and consisted of a spring vegetable soup which was piping hot....roast beef with all the trimmings and the most wonderful cheesecake presented very professionally.The staff were all very helpful and drinks reasonably priced. The entertainment provided was very good with a Dean Martin lookalike/soundalike. The sun deck was right overlooking the sea and it made for wonderful photo's and a great afternoon. So just to summarise, great venue, great food and the best of scenic views. If anyone is thinking of looking for a wedding venue then look no further.

Room Tip: Plum for the sea view rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your great review and very positive comments. It means a great deal to my hard working team to learn that their efforts are appreciated.
Please come and see us again in the near future.

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here after a day's golf at one of the many excellent courses nearby.

Check-in was painless and very friendly, taxis were ordered with no fuss and you got the real impression of a 'can-do' coupled with a 'want to please' mentality. The room (102) overlooked the sea and was clean, nicely furnished, the shower was piping hot and the bed very comfy!

Breakfast was not one of those horrible buffet jobs - but your food cooked for you when you ordered it and for me a hotel gives me the excuse I need to order a full English, which I was happy to devour as I looked across the coastline from the breakfast room.

Checkout mirrored check-in and the icing on the cake was when I realised I had left something at the hotel the item was boxed and couriered - arriving the next working day.

Really happy to have stayed here, it is much better than others in the area and the service is at least as good as you would expect in 5* London hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you found the facilities and service to be to your satisfaction, and yes, we endeavour to be a 'can do' operation.
The team and I look forward to your next visit (perhaps another golfing trip) when we are sure the experience will be even better.

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night on May 31st. First impressions were ok. It's an imposing building, which would benefit from a bit of greenery. Some nice planters, a few hanging baskets etc. There is ample car parking available, but the expanse of car park means it's not the most attractive outside area.

Check in was fast. The room was nice. We had a sea view, but again, this meant looking out over the car park which was a shame. The room was more than adequate for a nights stay and reflected the price we paid. Couple of niggles.....the bed seemed small. We are not tall - 5ft 8in perhaps, yet our feet were off the end of the bed. If you are a tall, you may struggle with this. Also the one big downside for us....the bathroom floor really wasn't clean. There were long dark hairs all over it and we ended up using a flannel provided to clean the floor. I know we should have reported it at the time, but we didn't want to make a fuss. We were only there a night and wanted to go into town whilst the sun was shining, so did it ourselves within a couple of minutes. Other than that though, the rest of the room and bathroom was very clean so perhaps the cleaner had just forgotten about it. TV, Kettle, fan, hairdryer, full length mirror..all provided as standard....and a Bible in the room which I always like to see, a nice British tradition.

The staff were friendly, and helpful - ordering us taxi's, recommending restaurants and generally chatty.

The breakfast in the morning was also very nice. Full English - cooked perfectly. Toast, cereals, fruit, yoghurts etc.

I would say that the hotel is possibly a 10 minute walk too far from town. If you have the time and like to walk then it is a nice walk, just a bit longer than we expected. However, a taxi to/from the centre of town only cost £3.50 on average each way, so worth hopping in a cab and paying a few quid.

Overall we had a very nice stay here. A couple of minor niggles here and there, but nothing that spoilt our stay. We would stay again and hope to do so in the near future.

Room Tip: Worth paying a couple of extra quid for a sea view so that you get a bit of a sea breeze when you op...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Your review following a stay in June is very much appreciated and I apologise for the delay in replying.
My team appreciate your comments and glad that, overall, you found your experience here to be a good one. The Housekeeping team are mortified that the hair in the bathroom went unnoticed and are now extra vigilant in their endeavours to ensure everything is spotless.
Again, thank you for your review and I certainly hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I went to this hotel for a wedding and I must say what a beautiful setting over looking the sea. The hotel was very clean and my room was lovely. The bed was a little lumpy in places but other than that the room had everything I needed. I had a single room, the bathroom was very small, just a cupboard really however the shower was fab. The breakfast was good with everything you could want on the menu. The dining room overlooked the sea and has a balcony. The staff was brilliant, very friendly and helpful. I would love to go back when I have time to explore the area properly.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review.
I am please that you found most things to your satisfaction and look forward to your next visit when I am sure we can help with suggested interesting places to visit in the area.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on the 24th of May to attend a family party, and we're very impressed with the hotel. The staff on reception were extremely friendly and helpful, the room was lovely with a huge bathroom, and we slept very well on the comfy bed, and because it was so quiet, even though a wedding had taken place that evening. We would definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2014
PegwellBayHotel, General Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for your great comments. We are all really pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back.
Alan Moore
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsgate
Royal Harbour Hotel
#6 of 10 in Ramsgate
Walpole Bay Hotel
Walpole Bay Hotel
#2 of 12 in Margate

Been to Pegwell Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!