“WONDERFUL WEDDING VENUE”
Review of Pegwell Bay Hotel

Pegwell Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Ramsgate
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Thank you to all the staff at The Pegwell Bay, you gave my sister and her husband a fantastic venue for their wedding. All the staff were amazing, friendly, helpful and it was a very happy feeling hotel. Nothing was any trouble, which is so nice to have these days. So well done to you all, we enjoyed the whole time we spent with you, we will definately be back again. Ann Morss

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
PegwellBayHotel, General Manager at Pegwell Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Thank you for taking the trouble to share your recent experience with us. My team and I are delighted that you found everything to your complete satisfaction.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very friendly lovely staff, large car park, rooms very comfortable, and electric fans provided! Oh bliss, on the hottest week of the year! We had an excellent view of the Bay, but Mother's room around the back turned out to be better - we were right above the front door, and people will always linger to say goodnight after a 'do', and not always keep quiet! Breakfast was down under the neighbouring pub, in a magnificent dining-room cut into the cliff - the decor is fantastically well preserved in all its Edwardian exuberance!
We had supper in the pub as well, which was very nice. Even if a pint of lager shandy is charged as for a pint of lager...
Wifi is a little odd. The hotel uses The Cloud, so to get online one must register with this Cloud thing, giving a lot more personal information than I'm happy about giving online. However, there's no requirement to give ACCURATE information, so we got around that one. It was a good internet connection apart from that.
Overall, an excellent hotel, with very good facilities and friendly management. Would definitely stay there again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the 'new' end of the hotel, overlooking the back or car park!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We are pleased that you have taken the time to post a review and thank you for your very positive comments. My team appreciate the fact that their efforts have not gone unnoticed as they all take customer experience and service very seriously.
The Cloud wifi service only requires you to give an email address and a password which then enables you to use that service wherever you find it. There are now many thousand venues that use the Cloud (part of Sky BSB) and, after a few early technical issues, our guests find it very easy and relatively fast to use.
Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Spent two nights here which worked out at a reasonable price as the Sunday is half price, so pretty good value for money.
Room on the small side but clean. There are tea making facilities with adequate provisions, a great full size hairdryer and flat screen TV. Bathroom was small but again, spotless and good pressure on shower with plenty of hot water. It appears the rooms have been refurbished perhaps in the past couple of years, so it is surprising there's a distinct hark back to the early eighties. Brochure suggests facilities are of an "exceptionally high standard", but I would disagree with that based on very dated decor, and a piece of varnished plywood for a headboard. However, comfortable bed and room made up each afternoon.
Breakfast was very good, although I did have an issue with my order which the waitress got wrong and was then placed to "the back of the queue" according to the supervising staff which felt somewhat punitive. I waited 20 mins for my meal and obviously did not eat with my husband. I was then charged wrongly at checkout but to be fair, issue resolved very quickly by staff on email.
The hotel is close enough to Ramsgate to walk into town, but in a quiet area close to the sea. The adjoining pub looks out over the coast, although there is an eyesore of an unfinished decking area down below, which spoils the setting somewhat.
I would use the hotel again, perhaps worth upgrading to a superior room, and would recommend it for short stays.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Your time taken in writing a review is very much appreciated - it certainly helps when we, as a team, discuss how we may continue to improve our offering.
Please accept my apologies for the incorrect breakfast order and the fact that you had to wait a while for the correct one.
Similarly, I apologise for incorrect billing that came to light at check-out time. I am pleased, however, that the matter was resolved quickly.
We look forward to your next visit and may I suggest that, should you require a superior room, you ask for room 301 that has magnificent views of both the surrounding countryside and the bay. Room 201 also offers more room with views to both aspects as above.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Lovely staff, lovely rooms with a good selection of hot drinks. Full TV signal and a lovely breakfast with a good selection of different food types both hot and cold. Rooms get pretty warm but fans are provided. Great shower with lots of space.

• Stayed: July 2014

It was great to read from your review that you enjoyed your experience with us.
Please come to see us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I don't have any negative comments about The Pegwell Hotel, everything is as it should be, spotlessly clean, very comfortable, excellent food tremendous value for money, staff are amazing so much so at nine o'clock at night I arrived back after a very hectic day and asked if it were possible to have a couple of rounds of sandwiches and a bottle of wine sent to my room from the moment I asked it took 11 mins for it to arrive....I had only just had time to get there myself. The shower is tremendous and so easy to use as was the WiFi, the facilities in the room were also very good. Well done to the staff and owners....keep up the good work and I hope to be back there soon.

Room Tip: Any room is good but there are sea views to be had so might be worth an ask.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

It was great to read your positive comments following your visit. I am pleased were able accommodate your request for refreshments and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I recently took a business group to this hotel for lunch. We used the Clifton suite which has a magnificent veranda overlooking the sea and on a sunny day is lovely to have lunch on. The food was good local food well made and good portion sizes. The price was neither cheap nor expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Allisoncsuk

Thank you for taking the time to post and review from which I was delighted to learn that you and your group enjoyed the experience and tremendous views.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I were invited to a wedding reception at this hotel and it is a most beautiful setting right next to the sea. The tables and dining area was set out in a very picturesque way to make the day special. The meal was just so delicious and consisted of a spring vegetable soup which was piping hot....roast beef with all the trimmings and the most wonderful cheesecake presented very professionally.The staff were all very helpful and drinks reasonably priced. The entertainment provided was very good with a Dean Martin lookalike/soundalike. The sun deck was right overlooking the sea and it made for wonderful photo's and a great afternoon. So just to summarise, great venue, great food and the best of scenic views. If anyone is thinking of looking for a wedding venue then look no further.

Room Tip: Plum for the sea view rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your great review and very positive comments. It means a great deal to my hard working team to learn that their efforts are appreciated.
Please come and see us again in the near future.

Alan Moore

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsgate
Royal Harbour Hotel
#1 of 2 in Broadstairs
The Oak Hotel
The Oak Hotel
#8 of 10 in Ramsgate

Been to Pegwell Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!