“Delicious! I can still taste it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Empire Room

The Empire Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Empire Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 195 Restaurants in Ramsgate
Price range: US$26 - US$42
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Part of the fabulous Royal Harbour Hotel, the 30 cover Empire Room restaurant serves great food using fresh local ingredients in a charming club like setting.
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“Delicious! I can still taste it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. I went with my friend last Wednesday and, first of all, fell in love with the beautiful decor, so tastefully done. A delicious menu followed; hard to choose! The waitress was sweet, and helpful; attending gracefully to our every need and our sea-bass was cooked to perfection. I especially liked the carrots which we chose to accompany the meal. Desserts were mouthwatering; in fact I can't wait to go there again. Not expensive, in our opinion, and well worth the money. "I'll give it 5" stars - highly recommended! Annie

• Visited May 2014

“Excellent meal in good surroundings.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The restaurant is a little tricky to find because the signage is subtle. It is next to the hotel and down some stairs to an unremarkable white fire door that has to been opened for you as it is kept locked. There is a sign for it on the back railings but I have never noticed even though we walk around there all if the time. We thought that they would be better off having some sort of painted wall sign and if possible a menu on the railings. I also thought, if it were my restaurant, I would want a more welcoming entrance, perhaps an glass door in the theme of the Empire room. Inside, however, the place is decorated superbly with posters in homage to an idealised British empire. It was my kind of décor; not so over crowed or full of knick knacks that it was tacky but homely and welcoming. The gentleman who was our waiter was very friendly and offered the right amount of hospitality and was very accommodating and considerate. The food was very good; I had chicken pate for starter, then Poussin followed up with a chocolate and peanut butter tart. All of it was delicious and the Empire is well worth a visit.

• Visited May 2014
Essex
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The restaurant is directly under the Royal Harbour Hotel and as we stayed there and saw previous reviews about the. Restaurantwe thought we'd give it a try. We had a lovely meal in excellent surroundings and with good service. Couldn't ask for more.

Visited April 2014
County Londonderry, United Kingdom
“ramsgate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very nice food at The Empire Room in Ramsgate, good service! We loved the scene and the small talks with the waitresses.

• Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Amersham, United Kingdom
“All very 70's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Located in the basement of the Royal Harbour Hotel the food served here is typically London club food of the '70's. Don't expect Master Chef presentation - just enjoy the flavour of the food served cheerfully rather than with finesse. The fillet steak was excellent; Dover sole a little over cooked but both had good flavour.
We battled to open the wine we had ordered and finally gave in and tracked down a waitress in the kitchen to open it!
A great evening in lovely surroundings.

Visited April 2014