“It felt like home!”

Alconbury Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Alconbury Guesthouse
Kilkenny, Ireland
“It felt like home!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed in this guesthouse as recently as last week and loved every minute of it. As a family run establishment, they make you feel very relaxed and at home for the duration of your stay. The facilities in the room were great, with t.v, internet and microwave etc. all modern and working perfectly. The rooms themselves were very plushly decorated and cosy. The location of the b&b is very central; the town centre is only a five minute drive away. I would recommend this establishment to anyone staying in Tunbridge Wells, I left a very satisfied customer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MarianneRose90

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Broome, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed on two separate occasions in September of three nights and two nights. I had the same room on both occasions which came with twin-beds. The beds and furniture were comfortable and the room was large with plenty of storage for clothing. Breakfast was really whatever one wanted, and served in a very nice dining room downstairs. The owner, Camilla, is lovely and nothing seems to be too much trouble.
My only negative would be that this B&B is a long way from any shops, restaurants and bars, and one really cannot get to these without a car.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jrk36
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had to visit Tunbridge Wells at very short notice. I was so very pleased to get a room at the Alconbury. The decor is Edwardian throughout and quite enchanting. My room was beautiful and the bed very comfortable. I went down to breakfast (ordered the night before), into the dining room and felt like a 'lady' from a different era. Camilla, the owner, is charming and made me feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble. Her attention to detail and my comfort made my stay a 'first class' experience. When I need to go to Tunbridge Wells again, the Alconbury will be my first and only choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We hired the whole guesthouse for my wedding weekend, and stayed there with 10 people, including grandmothers (in single rooms), cousins, parents, and bridesmaids. The rooms are beautiful, they have a very romantic feel. Everyone found the beds very comfortable.
As the bride, I stayed in the Balcony Suite, which has a very luxurious bed, and a lounge room. We used the lounge room on the morning of the wedding to get ready, and our hairdresser did our hair there. It was a lovely space to all get ready together. On the night before, I stayed there with one of my bridesmaids with the beds arranged as twins. During the wedding, Camilla turned the room around and made it into a large king size bed.
We all very much enjoyed the breakfast. As we were with such a big group, we ordered it the night before, so that it could be ensured everything was available. The porridge was very nice, there are many healthy options, and also some indulgent ones.
Whilst we were getting ready for the wedding Camilla was very helpful. She kept my flowers in water, and provided crockery for our lunch. She also took a few great pictures of our preparations!
All in all it was a great weekend, and the fact that all my family could stay in one place (where there were no other guests besides us) really made it even better. The guesthouse is very beautiful and clean, and the owner extremely helpful. I would recommend it to anyone whether for a holiday or a wedding.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed at the Alconbury for three nights, which we booked very last minute due to a family emergency. The owner was extremely helpful, and helped make our stay very comfortable. The room was lovely and absolutely spotless. Thanks for a wonderful stay, we will be visiting again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

What a delightful house. Our hostess, Camilla, was very welcoming considering she was only expecting us for 2 nights and we thought we had booked three but luckily the room was ready.
We felt there were not enough clear spaces on the surfaces in the bedroom and bathroom to put things. Having said that the room was large and even included a dining table, iron and ironing board. There was parking on the road outside but Camilla kindly moved her car so we could park on the driveway. It's about a 15 minute walk to the town centre which is up hill and down dale.
All in all we had a most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bower room and would recommend it but have not seen the other room