“Low cost, but too many comprimises to make the saving worth it”
Review of Anand Lodge

Anand Lodge
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Low cost, but too many comprimises to make the saving worth it”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My expectations were low, the staff were very friendly but the place simply isn't finished and as a result is very scruffy. The major failing on my stay was that the toilet in my room wasn't usable - having been blocked by the last guest. I had a terrible night's sleep - but i don't think that was all the hotel's fault. Kitchen/breakfast facilities aren't really justifiably labelled as that.

However I will say that I think this will be a nice little guest house once finished, I just think they've tried to open it too early and haven't quite thought about the effects this has on the paying guest.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Do not be attracted by the cheap prices and the photos of the rooms!
On arrival we were taken to a room that looked nothing like the pictures we had seen. It was described as en-suite, so we asked where the bathroom was. The staff member proceeded to slide open the wardrobe to reveal a toilet!! Hardly en-suite - more sub-standard student hostel. The room door didn't lock, so we insisted on being moved. The staff did oblige, however we said we would cut our 3night-stay short to only 1. They informed us that we had to contact head office to do that, and when we asked how to do that they replied that 'Paul isn't here' (i.e. 'head office = Paul). We were told to email to cancel, and even though we did this on arrival, we are yet to have a response other than an email asking what time we checked in.

The most appalling hotel I have ever seen. If this is 3 star, the ranking starts at 3.5. Sub-standard, and they wouldn't comply with their own cancellation policy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheena Louise N

Travellers are raving about these Royal Tunbridge Wells hotels

leeds
Reviewed 11 August 2013

when we arrived two men were digging up the drive . We were greeted by a friendly chap who took my son and I through the rear door through a very dirty looking laundry area . Into reception come kitchen . He had great trouble finding our booking and even asked if we were peter and June , I told my son he could be June .I paid on my debit card and should have got a double for me and a twin for my son both with full ensuite facilities . We were shown to two of the grottiest rooms I have ever seen . I was told my shower was upstairs , the toilet cistern was hanging off the wall at one side and all looked dirty and very aged . The decorations were dirty and paint peeling off the walls . I told our host I wax not happy , was not getting what I paid for and was not prepared to stay and wanted refunding . He said he couldn't do that . He kept saying I had to wait until the following Monday to speak to his head office . After my continual request to get my money back he rang a woman and passed me the phone , this woman was shouting at me down the phone asking me if I had read the hotel policy on the wall , of course I hadn't . To cut a long very unpleasant story short he in theory after many attempts credited my card . I was very happy to leave the kitchen was disgustingly filthy with a microwave and single ring hob peeling paint o. The doors walls and ceiling .DO NOT STAY HERE it is a dump

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gary b
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We paid £45 for our double room. Were greeted by a very friendly and helpful chap, who couldn't do enough for us. He even came out to our taxi to explain to the driver where we wanted to go.
I'd read the reviews and was a tad apprehensive, but the room (though could have done with a coat of paint, new carpet and a picture or two) was clean and spacious enough - after all, we were only sleeping in it. Only real downside for us was that we couldnt get any hot water in the shower so I couldnt bear to have one. Maybe if I'd asked, he would have sorted it for me - but couldnt be bothered as was going home that day anyway. All in all, not bad for the price if you are on a budget and just want a basic place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Despite the horrendous reviews of the past I found the anand lodge to be very cleansed cozy with an exceptionally helpful and friendly receptionist called pam. We stayed here because we were attending a friends wedding. I have to admit I expected the worst and was exceptionally pleasantly surprised when our double room was spacious, modern and very clean. We had a big bathroom with a very nice shower and a large bay window which made the room light and airy. I was informed the the lodge is under new management and that they are in theories of renovating it. Working in a four star hotel myself I can say that they are doing an excellent job. Will def stay again.

Room Tip: Recommend trying to get a room at the front of the lodge. We stayed in room 5
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed here because I have a car and it was easy enough to get to Tunbridge Wells. Yes it's got a hostel feel to it, a bit shabby, but for £30 I had no problem. Owner was friendly. The walls are thin and you could hear the TV next door but not any conversations or anything. There is a kitchen though nothing close by for buying breakfast in the morning- stop off at Tesco, (5 min drive round the corner) if you are planning to eat in the room.

I imagine if I was paying for double occupancy I would rather go somewhere like Premier Inn- but if you're on your own and you don't need to be particularly near anything then I don't see a problem.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor - it was fine.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Well well were do I begin , If you like ultimate crap then this is the place for you , this place is run down , dirty , not in any way described in text or pictures you have be warned , instead of staying here just set fire to your money as you will leave here wishing you did and have more pleasure doing this , you arrive and the sign will say a lodge ok , then you will get a room with a shared bathroom when you booked an un suite , but pam the manager who lives In cuckoo land and had got the gift of the gab who thinks she can sell ice to Eskimos , will tell you one thing and do another , the reason for this place as a big fat failure is easy to work out once you do your proper research , as follows this place use to be a residential care home but was closed down as the current owners lost there licence because the owners cant be bothered as they like to do things were they do not have to spend a penny but take pounds of everyone else , the council could see the owners were big fat failures and revoked there licence , then the funny things half the people staying there are there long term residents claiming housing benefits as the owners are down with this , breakfast is at £5 pounds for that you have to share a little round table with space for 1 max , for 5 British pounds you get coffee or tea and toast that you have to make your self lol what a joke , like I said before this place for the owners who run this place remotely from the other side of London have no interest in who stays here or how there stay was ,its all about getting money nothing else ,the less they have to do is a better life for them ,my advice to you greasy greedy owners is close down another crap business again because every thing you touch is a disaster your just selfish people , please don't class this place a 3 star as it is a no star rating that's a big fat 0 zero , suggestion to the owners close this place and open a circus as you can play the clowns you muppets

• Stayed February 2013