"place for overnight stay: a building or commercial establishment where people pay for lodging, and where meals and other facilities such as conference rooms are often available"
"resort with bathing and mineral water: a resort with mineral springs"
I Checked in with an open mind as always having read the negative hotel reviews. Having been asked for my credit card for 'Pre-Authorisation' I was immediately charged the full amount of the room. Having been given the key, I was directed to the room via the lift to the 3rd floor only to find that our designated room was on a seperate part of the hotel up a flight of stairs ( which isn't easy with 2 young children/luggage and a buggy).
Quality of the room resembled a simple B&B which made the Grosvenor hotel in Torquay look simply luxurious ( Sorry Mark !), with dated fixtures and fittings. Unfortunatley the Spa failed to impress which resembled a local authority swiming pool from the 80's,dated and dirty and in need of refurishment.
On a positive note the hotel's wifi is free and available throughout
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 18th century mansion is situated within 14 acres of beautiful gardens and grounds, just a short walk from the town centre. Facilities include 70 bedrooms, spa and leisure club, contemporary bar and award winning restaurant, ample free car parking and wifi. The Hotel has undergone significant, sympathetic refurbishment since it was purchased by the Scragg family in 2007 and is now the Hotel of choice in Royal Tunbridge Wells. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells
- The Spa Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent