As I was travelling alone on business and unable to find a Premier Inn locally, this was in the right place at the right time. Looked very nice on the web site etc.... so booked it. Then I reviewed the hotels very elaborate menu and found it to be really expensive (e.g 8oz steak £36!), with little choice of "normal" day to day food which is what I want to eat at the end of a working day, not high end "posh" food.... I also noted that the breakfast was priced at £13.95 per person. I decided to pick up a nice salad from M & S and chose not to have breakfast at that price...I would go elsewhere. On arrival, everything went smoothly, checked in and located my room. This was clean and well presented. I eventually found the kettle and refreshments in a small hidden cupboard...what a relief...a cup of tea! - this is not labelled and it is not obvious what is contained. I did not leave my room, but found the staff friendly enough on check in and departure. Overall, pleasant enough, but honestly... I prefer Premier inn & a Beefeater anyday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 18th century mansion is situated within 14 acres of beautiful gardens and grounds, just a short walk from the town centre. Facilities include 70 bedrooms, spa and leisure club, contemporary bar and award winning restaurant, ample free car parking and wifi. The Hotel has undergone significant, sympathetic refurbishment since it was purchased by the Scragg family in 2007 and is now the Hotel of choice in Royal Tunbridge Wells. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells
- The Spa Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent