The Spa Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Travelodge Tunbridge Wells(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Smart and Simple Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
  • Restaurant
The Tunbridge Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
View Hotel
Smith & Western Tunbridge Wells(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
View Hotel
One Warwick Park Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
  • Breakfast included
Russell Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
View Hotel
Hotel du Vin & Bistro(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
View Hotel
Salomons Estate(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
View Hotel
All reviewschandelier restaurantafternoon tealovely hotelmain restaurantsconeslovely roomsmall poolfour poster bedhuge bathroomfollowing morningstaff were all very friendlysmoked salmonsauna and steam roomsunday nightthird floorwedding venueone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in The Royal Spa overnight for work purpose and I was really pleased with the hotel. It had a nice royal antique feel to it and the location was quiet and peaceful. The staff were very friendly and very welcoming and made time to answer my general questions about Tunbridge Wells. The rooms were small, but still spacious and comfortable. The breakfast has plenty of choice and there was range of food and drinks options to choose from at the bar too. The hotel is pretty close to the town centre too -about 20 mins walk. I would recommend staying at The Spa, if you are visiting Tunbridge Wells, regardless if it is for business or for pleasure.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Our daughter and now son-in-law decided to get married at The Spa. From the first meeting with the coordinator until the day of the wedding everything ran very smoothly. My daughter and I stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding and the staff were very welcoming and accommodating. There was a wedding on the day we arrived and at 1am guests were smoking and making noises under our open window, my daughter called reception and explained that she was the bride the next day and the receptionist went out and asked the guests to move away from the window (we would not have normally complained and it was obvious the guests were unaware we could hear them and they kindly moved on). The day itself was amazing from start to finish. The staff were very attentive the whole time, nothing was any trouble. Guests from our wedding are still talking about the wonderful meal, the beautiful venue with its huge grounds (wonderful photo opportunities). I saw a few of the rooms our guests stayed in and they were all different, good sized and everything you need. Would we stay here again? Definitely. Thank you to all the staff for making the day extra special.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hazel W
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here overnight on business. It's a beautiful hotel with real old world charm. The room was beautifully laid out and made the most of the small space. The bathroom was spotless, air con was effective and the bed was really comfy. Staff throughout the hotel were very pleasant and said hello as you passed them. My meal in the bar that night was tasty and washed down with some excellent pints of Peroni on draft. Breakfast was disappointing. Runny eggs and sausages that had seen a little too much of the grill. I didn't eat much of it. Overall though it was a very pleasant stay in a beautiful part of england and I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Wonderful quaint little hotel. The rooms are small, clean and very comfortable. The staff were helpful and professional. The bar serves a cappuccino that rivals anything you will be served in Italy. And the prices are more then reasonable. I'd go back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I'll keep this snappy-ish, as I could go on and on
Check in: They can't find my booking, so I give the young lady the reservation number. She informs me I was booked for the previous day. So I show her the booking request / confirmation, which clearly showed I was correct. She apologises and informs me she can sort a room out for me, and proceeds to check me in, after a lot of faffing about. Then she informed my I need to sort out the wrong booking, as my company may well be charged! Not happy, but at least I'm not trying to find a room in another hotel.
The room part 1: I open the door and all appears to be in order. I need the toilet so go to switch the light on and nothing! I try the other room lights and nothing. I try the TV as I can't be bothered to go back down to reception. I works, so I can get by.
The bar: I change and go down for a bar meal. I order a pint and charge it to my room. The young guy behind the bar comes over and informs me I can't charge anything to my room as I haven't a credit facility. So, I explain to him the booking error and tell him I'll get my card once I've finished my meal. No he has to have it before hand. Why didn't the receptionist take a swipe when I checked in (I thought nothing of it as my bill and extras are all charged back to the company account). Ok, I go to my room, get my card and return to the bar. He tells me he'll come across to my table and get it. After about 10 minutes of farting about serving others at the bar, he finally appears. He takes my order and I offer my card, he then proceeds to tell me he'll get it later.
I order my food, which was up to the usual high standard.
The room part 2: No lights, but I've got TV. I decided to brush my teeth before bed. Turn on the sink tap in the darkening bathroom, and it's the hot tap. Ok, it's the other tap. Ah, that's the tap that doesn't work. A trickle of water that would take about 5 minutes to fill a cup. OK, lets grab the bottled water to rinse my mouth out. The bath taps work, so there's a slim chance of a shower in the morning.

I've yet to check out, so fingers crossed.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank motobrox
Spa2000, General Manager at The Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately without a date and room number, or guest name, it is very difficult to investigate such comments. However we would once again reiterate the importance of raising any issues with the Duty Manager. If we are not made aware of issues, we cannot address them. We are sorry that your card was not pre-authorised on arrival, however our Barman was following our procedures. Further training has been arranged in how to deal with such situations.