The staff at this delightful hotel did everything to make our stay comfortable and memorable. The receptionists, Rahsina and Sonia greeted us warmly and processed our booking as we would have wished. Heeding the warning of an earlier reviewer we requested a room far removed from discos and wedding celebrations, and our request was met. Room 101 on the first floor was as far removed as one would have wished, and we were undisturbed. I shan't dwell on the attractions of the grounds, or leisure facilities, but must commend the restaurant which deserves recognition. On DB & B tariff, we were alllowed £35 towards the a la carte menu which we chose. the salad of spring vegetables and the betroot cured salmon were starters of the highest calibre, the Brill and Cod prepared by a chef who knows how to treat fish, and the deserts worthy of a Michelin star. Experienced serving staff, courtesy but not stiffness. Yes it is a bit old fashioned, but your reviewer who compares this hotel with an old aged home is a fish out of water, and must not have been there on the nights when the young were present en masse for wedding celebrations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 18th century mansion is situated within 14 acres of beautiful gardens and grounds, just a short walk from the town centre. Facilities include 70 bedrooms, spa and leisure club, contemporary bar and award winning restaurant, ample free car parking and wifi. The Hotel has undergone significant, sympathetic refurbishment since it was purchased by the Scragg family in 2007 and is now the Hotel of choice in Royal Tunbridge Wells. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your The Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells
- The Spa Hotel Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent