Russell Hotel
Smart and Simple Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$78
  • Restaurant
The Royal Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$159
US$147
Hotels.com
The Tunbridge Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$146
  • Breakfast included
US$103
Mercure
Hotel du Vin & Bistro(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$139
US$122
Travelocity
The Spa Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$117
Hotels.com
One Warwick Park Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$133
US$129
  • Breakfast included
US$147
Smith & Western Tunbridge Wells(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$128
All reviewsdecor is datedideal hotellovely white towelsattend a family weddingfull english breakfastchristmas periodshort walk from the town centrere visitlocation is brilliantchoice of cerealsthird floorthe hotel is cleanbreakfast was includedluxury hotelsmall tvfew minutes walktonbridge wells
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night while visiting my son. The building is very old and shabby although my room was clean. The sheets on the bed I must say we're crisp and white. The room itself is in much need of updating. It was like walking back to the 60s. Location was quite central but I had a lot of heavy road noise outside, would have maybe been better if it was winter so I could close the Windows. Breakfast was very typical. I asked for poached egg. I got one egg on one toast. It was poached well though. Got the room at a reduced rate as I booked online and day before. Don't think I would have got value for money if I paid full rate. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Tunbridge Wells. Arrived on the friday night to a very small carpark that was full so had to park on the street (double yellows but apparently all of the streets are). Checked into our room which was an annex down the street, no offer to help with our bags. The room was large with a small separate kitchen and bathroom and bathroom. Furnishings were extremely dated, very seventies. The room had a odd unpleasant smell that almost smelled like old cigarettes but as its a non-smoking hotel that was dismissed very quickly. The bed was large and very comfortable though which was a relief. The bathroom was a wierd olive green colour and the toilet a very week flush where is wouldnt even take tissue paper!

Breakfast was a let down. I ordered poached egg on toast (one egg on one slice) and upon cutting into it was almost completely raw. White water pouring out of it. Left the hotel to find a parking ticket on my car thanks to the double yellows (my fault i know for not wanting to park a mile away).

Breakfast on the second morning was better as i opted for a full english. Had a pot of tea but the milk was completely off and the gent serving us argued for around ten minutes that it wasnt! Another family had complained about the same issue half an hour before and it hadnt been changed.

There are a couple of good points, slept well and clean room is about it.

Still pretty annoyed about the car park ticket too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I have given this a 5* review based on the fact that it is only a 2* hotel. My husband & I stayed for a night in one of the annex rooms, it was spotlessly clean and the room itself was light and airy although the carpet was old it was clean, there was also a 32" flat screen TV. We also had a fridge, toaster and microwave in a small kitchenette and a nice sofa in the bedroom. The bathroom had a bath and a separate shower which again were spotless although a bit old in style. Breakfast was the usual array of cereals, yoghurts and juices and the full English was very well cooked and tasty. The hotel itself is old fashioned but it was okay. If we go to Tunbridge again we will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was No. 511 in the annexe
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed for one night in July 2013. Hotel is badly in need of revamp with colours of mustard, orange and brown making a very 70's look. Our room had not been hoovered and the bathroom was truely shocking. The bath was dirty and looked as though someone had tipped coffee down it. The walls and bath were an oppressive green colour and the toilet seat was of the old fashioned wooden type. The sheets were clean and shampoo and shower gel were provided. The breakfast and dining room were typical of a working mans cafe and since my cutlery had not been cleaned properly I found my appetite decreasing. Could do with a visit from Alex Polizzi as it is in such a convenient position for the town but owners clearly now nothing about currrent expectations from customers.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Deb A
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My grandson and i stayed here during a junior golf championship at nizels golf club thur and fri 20th and 21st june which was about a 20 mins drive my son booked it but could have done a lot better,the car parking is small and its a struggle to park, the access from the car park to the reception is a hike,the decor on entering is grubby and dated whole place needs a coat of paint, the reception was plesant and helpful
we went up to our room which was 70s decor beds was clean and comfy,
the bathroom was boardering on scruffy the hot water was nucular no soap one towel, the noise at night from passing drunks made sleep impossable until after midnight, and the price of £85 a night was a rip would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family