Russell Hotel
One Warwick Park Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$192
  • Breakfast included
The Tunbridge Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$166
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Wells Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$213
US$201
Hotels.com
US$124
US$107
Travelocity
Hotel du Vin & Bistro(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$229
US$200
Travelocity
Smith & Western Tunbridge Wells(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$132
US$153
Smart and Simple Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$105
US$94
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Spa Hotel(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$149
US$146
Travelocity
Salomons Estate(Royal Tunbridge Wells)
US$113
All reviewsdecor is datedideal hotellovely white towelsattend a family weddingfull english breakfastchristmas periodshort walk from the town centrere visitlocation is brilliantchoice of cerealsthird floorthe hotel is cleanbreakfast was includedluxury hotelsmall tvfew minutes walktonbridge wells
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I live in Ontario, Canada. We used the internet to research possible hotels in this area. Although The Russell Hotel was presented as a clean and tidy establishment, upon arriving, it was anything but. The rooms smelled of urine and mold; the floors were filthy; and the bathroom had not cleaned for quite some time. We did not check in, but had to scramble at the last minute, after a very long flight, to find other accommodations.
Beware!

Room Tip: If possible, go and see this hotel in person before choosing to stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandra j
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Russell Hotel two nights, while we visited the south of England. We had a triple en suite room (54). The room was in the last floor and there are a lot of stairs and no elevator. There were three single beds which were clean and comfy. The room was very big and had lots of space. We also had a small coffee bar and a small TV. The bath room was a little small and dated and was not up to the same standard as the room. The shower could have a little more water pressure. The breakfast was a traditional English breakfast and more than enough. We even got soap and shower gel. The service was just great, very helpful and polite. We weren't sure if we want to stay there another night and they hold the room for us until 11am of the next day.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

In some ways, the Russell is more a B & B than an hotel. However, this suited us very well. The interior is a bit dated but our room (47) was large, light (overlooking the Green), high, airy ceiling and very comfortable, larger than average, twin beds. The bathroom was a little narrow but very clean, as was the bedroom. The full English breakfast was good, especially the sausage. The Bar is open 24 hours, and there is free parking. The Staff were welcoming and helpful with our selecting a restaurant for dinner just a 2 minute walk away (Thackeray's - excellent!). Good value for money - will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the annex for a friends wedding. Such a big room, large flat screen TV, kitchenette was so cute and I did not expect it.
Though the interior was dated, the bed was hard, the bathroom had an old green suite and the hairdryer was one you would find at a swimming pool...I did not use it as pass experience with them I found them not to have a strong blow of hot air.
The hot water wasn't as hot as I'd liked it when I had a bath, I put no cold water in and it was but too cold for myself.
The breakfast was standard. You got a lot which was nice. The beans had gone cool by the time it arrived and my mushrooms were very hot. The sausage was very fatty, but I like them like that, and the bacon stringy which I don't like.
There was nothing to clean the cups with in the kitchenette and possibly should have had a cupboard for the cutlery and plates.
The staff were nice and pleasant when I spoke to them.
All-in-all, it did the job for me. It was merely a room for me to sleep in and get ready in for my friends wedding.
Would I stay again? Possible not, and especially if it was longer than the 2 days.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2014

It's in a great location, 2 minute walk from the main shopping of Tunbridge Wells. The hotel itself is a bit dated and tired, but it was warm, dry and the bed was comfy. Had a room right up in the roof, it was big, but sloping ceilings in toilet nade things interesting. I could wee harder than the shower but the shower was warmer! Decent breakfast in the morning. There's a reason why it's the cheapest hotel in town. But it did the job and there was parking too. I'd use it again.

Room Tip: Lower your expectations you'll be fine....
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple