“We didn't want to leave!!!!”

Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The most romantic and beautiful meal we have had...ever!!! The service was impeccable and the staff couldn't do enough to make sure it was very special. The food was fantastic and presented beautifully! The setting was spotlessly clean and gorgeous garden and interior! We were utterly spoilt!!!! Would recommend this to everyone I know and beyond!! :)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Philip A, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thankyou so much for your lovely review! I am so pleased you had such a romantic evening with us. I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team here with whom we are very proud of. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel du Vin & Bistro

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had afternoon tea at the Hotel Du Vin on Sunday. There were 10 of us. Afternoon tea is not normally served on a Sunday but the Hotel very kindly accommodated us in a private side room looking onto the beautiful Lavendar in the garden. It was good value. There were 2 prices with and without a glass of fizz. The tea service and cake stands were pretty. The variety of sandwiches and cakes was good as was the presentation.The service was efficient and friendly. We were not hurried in any way and were encouraged to take advantage of the garden which we did. I would recommend the Hotel du Vin for afternoon tea and would book again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your kind words on trip advisor, I am delighted that we were able to assist in offering a private room for your afternoon tea on Sunday. I will certainly pass on your thanks to the staff here.
Our gardens are transformed since the new furniture arrived and I am glad you were able to take advantage of the good weather!
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights for a friend's wedding and the service was the worst I have experienced. The hotel itself is beautiful - nice decoration and clean, but it appears this is all style and no substance. Very surprised to read of the great service in previous reviews. It was very difficult to get drinks from the bar area and waited 1hr 20min for an average cooked breakfast. When asked why the delay for the breakfast we were told the chef was still a bit tired from the night before!
I wouldn't recommend this hotel as would have expected far better service for the cost.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emma B

Emma, many thanks for your review on tripadvisor and thank you for your time on the phone. As discussed this was a very disapointing one off for us and the situation has now been rectified with the team.
I am delighted that you accepted our offer on checkout and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing stay at Hotel du Vin in Tunbridge Wells for my birthday. It was a great deal, with a three course meal and breakfast for two included. They made sure we had an incredible room with spectacular views of the park. The service was absolutely impeccable from start to finish. The food was fantastic too!! A lovely way to celebrate my birthday!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Gina C

Many thanks for your recent review on trip advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your birthday with us . I will certainly pass your comments on to all the team here at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Normally I'd just write a review of the food and the hotel (both good btw) but more importantly we wanted to record an act of kindness and service above and beyond.

Sadly, I had to give a eulogy at a funeral of a good friend and former colleague. My home printer wasn't working but I thought put it on a memory stick and print it at the hotel ! Well that didn't work either but the reception desk tried various combinations of emails and attachments and a copy was made ! That evening we booked a taxi via the hotel for the following day to take us to the crematorium. It didn't arrive; the staff made frantic calls but it still didn't arrive. Then the receptionist said: "If it doesn't arrive in 30 seconds I'll go and get my car and drive you myself !" She did (even printing off a Google map) and we arrived in plenty of time. Her name was Candice, Australian, and she had been at the hotel for two years.

We arrived for the service in plenty of time ! Thanks, Candice. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: wifi can be a bit challenging but they have dongles !
3  Thank michaelcham1
Philip A, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor. I am so sorry to hear about the experience you received with our recommended taxi company. They are usually very reliable and one with whom we have worked with for many years. Please be assured that I will be looking into what happened personally.
I appreciate your kind words regarding Candice, she is a true asset to the team and one that will go above and beyond for our guests. I will certainly pass on your thanks to her.
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We could not fault this boutique hotel. The hotel is beautiful and full of character. We decided to upgrade one of their Principal Rooms and were not left disappointed - a lot more spacious than the standard rooms. Location,service and ambiance of hotel was fabulous. Breakfast was served in their stunning dinning room at back of property overlooking the hotel's very pretty well kept gardens. We had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are quite compact. Go for a Superior / Principle room. We stayed in Principle roo...
3  Thank Suzewebb
Philip A, General Manager at Hotel du Vin & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Hotel du Vin Tunbridge Wells on Trip advisor. I'm delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

A big thank you for kindly accommodating my colleagues and I last Friday evening in the Havana room at HdV, Tunbridge Wells. Those that were able to join this celebratory dinner were extremely happy having been given the opportunity to experience dining in one of your private rooms. The food was fantastic and delicious, especially the chocolate fondant and raspberry sorbet! The evening was a big hit and was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 3Peaker2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We were delighted to be able to help with one of our private dining rooms to make it extra special for you, I have to say that the chocolate fondants do seem to be a very big hit by many of our guests who attend private events, I'm glad you think so too!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.