“An unassuming gem”

Rosnaree Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Rosnaree Bed & Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“An unassuming gem”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I had the pleasure of staying with David & Ann for 2 nights in February. Was attending a music course in Tonbridge and was looking for somewhere inexpensive and not too far away and it exactly fitted the bill. The breakfast was continental rather than an "english" cooked breakfast, but very wholsesome. David was unassuming but was happy to have a good chat if I wanted. The bedroom on the first floor was quiet and the bed really comfortable. Enjoyed the muesli, very nice bread and homemade marmalade. They also let one eat their evening takeaways in their dining room :-) Excellent value for £36 a night and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and hardly any trraffic noise late at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Davidpianist
David E, Owner at Rosnaree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
It is always great to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay and this time is no exception. Thanks so much and we will do our best to exceed their expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
England
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying with David & Ann for 1 night recently. Having stayed in many b&b's whilst working away from home and normally in the £30-£40 price bracket this lovely house is the best so far.
My hosts were very friendly on arrival even though I had interrupted the marmalade making.

The room was on the 1st floor at the rear of the building and very large. It was clean as was the adjacent bathroom and both were good condition and nicely decorated.

A special mention for the shower !! There is nothing I find more annoying that a cheap electric shower that produces little more than a dribble. This shower is the best I have had, lashing of hot water in a torrent and worth the money for the shower alone.

The wi-fi could do with a booster as the signal was not great, but a very small negative.

I have no hesitation in recommending Rosnaree to all comers and will definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
David E, Owner at Rosnaree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Delighted to know that (almost) everything was so well received. We are investigating internet reception - thanks for bringing this to our attention; wonder whether it has something to do with the solidity of Victorian brickwork?

Thanks for your kind comments - do come again.

David E
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

It was very comfy, clean and welcoming. Stayed with fbamily a couple of nights. Room at back of house very quiet. Breakfast of nice bread, quality jam and choice of keloggs cearels. Would stay again next time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
David E, Owner at Rosnaree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Delighted to hear you, your wife and your charming children enjoyed your stay with us and hope we may see you again.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Great place - very pleasant people to stay with and I had a hearty breakfast and a lovely chat in the mornings. It's also a good distance from the city centre and the train station as I had to travel. Considering the lack of things like hostels in the area, it's good value.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
David E, Owner at Rosnaree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Many thanks for your kind comments and we are delighted you found us good value and well located for your visit to Tunbridge Wells. Best wishes.

David E
Steyning, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I have stayed at Rosnaree for several weekends while studying locally, and I am over the moon to have found this gem of a place.
David and Ann have made me feel so welcome and comfortable, each time, and it really does feel like a home from home.
It's great value for money, as the rooms are large, comfortable and well provided, and the fresh bread and coffee in the lovely dining room make for a very pleasant breakfast experience.
I feel that Rosnaree is just one of those rare, special places that is made so by the warmth and genuine friendliness of the owners.
i would not hesitate to stay again, or to recommend the place to others.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
David E, Owner at Rosnaree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Hi Mel N

Wow, what can we say? Thanks for your very kind comments which Ann and I really appreciate. We look forward to seeing you again and will do our best to continue to give all our guests the same experience.

David and Ann E
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2013

A beautifully presented, clean and warm B&B. A nice15 min walk takes you into RTB. Our host, David, was great, no fuss, great local knowledge and not intrusive at all. The continental breakfast is a real treat, the highlight for me was the warm organic bread with an army of jams and marmalades to choose from.

For the money the Rosnaree is a no brainer and my only wish is for all B@B's to raise their game to this standard. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I came to Tunbridge Wells for a job interview and was relieved to find such a welcoming and friendly place to stay for the night. The hosts are lovely and even drove me to my interview in the morning! It was very daunting being so far away from home (Manchester) on such an important day, yet I was made to feel relaxed and was very comfortable! I will definitely stay at this bed and breakfast in the future and cannot fault it! It is a great location for the town centre, it is very clean and the hosts were brilliant. This should be number 1 for bed and breakfasts in Tunbridge Wells.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
David E, Owner at Rosnaree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thanks so much for your comments which we really appreciate and it's reassuring to know that we may have contributed - in a small way - to what we hope will be a happy and successful future. Please come again!

David and Ann