“Very poor customer service”

Spa Spa at The Spa Hotel
Tunbridge Wells
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very poor customer service”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I was given a spa treatment voucher as a gift. On booking my treatment the customer service was very poor. The manager's response was to question the validity of my comments. It would appear that the culture of poor customer service originates from the management of the hotel. There are much better spas in TW and much better hotels - I will not return to the Spa Hotel and I would not recommend it to others.

2 Thank 442KATW
Spa2000, General Manager at Spa Spa at The Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I recall you asked to have your voucher refunded, as you did not want to come to The Spa, and would prefer to spend the money at Clarins. We declined to refund, but suggested you could use the voucher in any part of the Hotel, from spa products, to afternoon teas, accommodation or drinks in the bar. A negative review on ‘the internet’ was also threatened, unless we complied with your request!......

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kent
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Disappointing visit”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently had a visit to the Spa as a present and whilst the facial and manicure were very pleasant I was very disappointed with the ambience and look of the swimming pool. I understand that there are new loungers now by the pool but the horrible colour of the wall where the ugly fountain is was definitely off-putting. Why not have a pretty Mediterranean scene painted in the alcoves and some plants in the pool area? The day rates for a spa visit are not cheap and frankly I expected much better looking facilities. There are competing spas in the area so this hotel will have to up their game if they want to compete.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Doraflora
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Spa weekend”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We came here for a romantic break and booked in for two full body massages during our stay. All the staff were really welcoming and showed us round the Spa and gym. Both our therapists were fantastic and so professional, my girlfriend even decided to book herself in for a facial the next morning which she equally enjoyed. It was the perfect way to make our weekend really special. Outside the Spa all staff we met from check in to check out were great and really helpful and our room was perfect. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a top notch break in Tunbridge Wells.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Paul D
Guildford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The masseuse fell asleep half way through my massage”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have been to a number of hotels for spa days and this was without doubt the most disappointing experience I have ever had. I drove 80 miles and took a day off work to spend the day at the hotel and it was a total waste of time and money. I had booked in for a back and neck massage and a foot massage, but when I went in, the masseuse said she could only do a full body massage and didn't know anything about foot massages. She then proceeded to sit down on a stool and rub my back for half an hour and the worst thing was that her feet smelt so dreadful that I couldn't lay with my head facing down to the floor. It was not a massage and she had clearly never been trained as a masseuse - I expect better than this from a hotel claiming to be a excellent 4 star spa hotel.

As for the foot massage, again she plonkerd herself down on the stool and began to rub my ankle, then she fell asleep!!!! I actually couldn't believe what was happening.

I asked to see the manager and explained the situation and she didn't even have the decency to apologise, she just said that her therapist denied all of it.

I was so excited for my mother's day treat bought for me by my son and was obviously so disappointed by the end of the day. I hope no one else has such a terrible experience.

BTW I tried to write a review on the hotels website and was told that you have to send the reviews to the hotel by email and they pick the ones they like to display.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Teresa G
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Disappointing Jessica Geleration”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I attended for a birthday treat gel manicure...5 days later two nails peeled off. Returned to have them redone by the "manager" 3 days later they have chipped. Utterly disappointed

1 Thank Travelbug38London