“Overpriced”

Dining options: Breakfast
London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Everything looks very nice but is nothing special and expensive. We found it very noisy and our table wobbly so moved to another table near the door. This table was sticky, we left as soon as we could.

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing quiche!”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have been here on a few occasion and think they serve the best quiche I have ever had. I have ordered other meals and not been that wowed by, but it's the quiche that will bring me back to this restaurant again and again.

Visited November 2013
T.Wells
“Home made food at its best”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Have sampled Basil's food on a number of various occasions both in the cafe and at outside events - and it has never failed to disappoint. Friendly staff and enthusiastic owner. Great addition to the gastronomic choice in the town, particularly if you like honest home cooked food and interesting salads.

• Visited December 2013
Kent
“Disappointing - very poor service”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My friends wanted to come here for a Sunday breakfast - I haven't been that impressed before, but I thought I would give it another try. Unfortunately I was very disappointed:
> The service was cold and immediately I was put off by the fact that I was handed a dirty menu.
> Our orders were taken by a waitress who didn't know what the kitchen had.
> Basil doesn't cater well for gluten-free. Given the prices being charged, and that nowadays most places cater for gluten-free, we were disappointed by this.
> It took half an hour for our food to turn up - annoying considering that it's not all freshly made to order and we were only the third table in there when we arrived.
> A couple of the dishes were burnt and left a horrid after-taste, another had the wrong bagel bread to what was ordered.
Overall very disappointing, service is ridiculously slow & cold and they fall down on areas that should be considered basic (e.g. clean menus). Wont be going back.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank am4eh
“Gone downhill.....not child friendly”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I used to love coming here to Basil as the cakes and salads are lovely and the place had a nice atmosphere. However it seems to have gone down hill now.
Came with some friends and our children. Place was cramped. Service very slow. Miserable staff. No baby change on site and hardly any room for pushchairs. Clearly do not want the mothers to frequent to place which is a shame as a lot of mums want decent coffee and cake!
Shame really as could be really good. Go to Dame Tartin opposite as more space and baby change.

2 Thank Kylos5