“Unpretentious tapas”

Pulpito-The Spanish Tapas Bar & Kitchen
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are a Spanish Tapas bar and kitchen in Tunbridge Wells offering authentic, fresh, well cooked food using good quality ingredients made from scratch on the premises. Where possible we will use locally produced ingredients to provide a fresh approach to tapas with a menu that reflects this.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is one of those places that is what it says it is!
We had the "Classico" menu it was the group choice, I might have opted for more variety but it was a group decision.
The entire meal was a traditional tapas meal. The highlight for me was the patas braas. All dishes were well cooked and well presented by interested attentive staff.
It would be churlish to moan about any aspect as it was a good Tapas meal, f I were to comment it would be, for me I love squid or seafood of some sort, that sadly a snt on out chosen menu, but that was our choice.
It isn't gourmet dining but then Tapas isn't supposed to be, it fulfilled all what was expected of it.
A good experience, and the toilet was spotless, well done all round.

There are newer reviews for Pulpito-The Spanish Tapas Bar & Kitchen

Reviewed 11 August 2014

First visit to Pulpito and we had a really fun evening. a fantastic choice of Tapas dishes, tasty and well cooked, really generous portions so be careful how much you order.
Staff were really friendly and helpful and went out of the way to help us celebrate the three birthdays in our group, thanks and we will be back!

2  Thank Nickguest1
Reviewed 6 August 2014

very nice, good service, food fine. I liked the different types of seafood options as I love fish. The waitress seemed to know what she was talking about, bit of blag though. I like it here and will be back soon

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

First visit tonight. Very enjoyable exoerience - lovely food and service attentive without being intrusive. Spoilt for choice for eating in Tunbridge Wells but will definitely be going baxk to Pulpito. Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've been to Pulpito twice now, and whilst I've not been blown away with the food (the potato omelette was a little bland), the service is outstanding and the wide variety of vegan and vegetarian options makes it a worthwhile trip. Believe it or not, it's extremely challenging to find a restaurant that can adequately cater for vegans; those who profess they can usually only provide a leafy salad. Pulpito's menu is brilliantly varied, and the staff are polite and professional. The bread and oil was a lovely touch and the olives were delicious. It's worth a try.

1  Thank RubyM8L