“Escape.... Yes please”
Review of Royale Retreat Spa

Royale Retreat Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: At the heart of the Spa Town: The Royale Retreat Day Spa and Health Club is a beautifully transformed and newly refurbished property situated within the post office square in the heart of Royal Tunbridge Wells Spa Town. This truly magnificent building, with its outstanding architecture, exquisite Georgian spirit and luxurious Spa facilities has allowed us to create an elegant and results driven experience for our customers. Royale Retreat Day Spa offers a stunning complement of therapeutic and rejuvenating face and body care treatments, using the best products with the finest ingredients, from the European skin care house, Germaine de Capuccini, South African Environ and many more.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Fortunately we bought our spa day at a discount site. My first impression of the spa was the dead flowers on the desk as we arrived and they really set the tone of the visit. The relaxation room had old food stuck to the table and crumbs in the carpet. There didn't appear to be tea or coffee facilities only a strange pink fruit tea kept warm over a candle.

We were shown to the locker room and told we had to share a locker as there was a shortage of locker keys. Our locker was also broken! Onto the ladies toilets.... Seat hanging lop sided and more importantly.. No toilet roll ....

The pool was freezing cold, the jacuzzi was extremely hot, the tile floors dirty. Friend booked a 25 minute treatment but only received 15 minutes. The towel on the bed in beauty room had make up around the hole where your face rests, not reassuring, obviously not changing towels between clients.
The dirty laundry bins were at shoulder height over flowing with dirty towels/ gowns. The final insult was being handed Buck's Fizz instead of the champagne included in our deal.
I thought the staff were nice enough. We were offered a day of using the facilities by way of compensation but we wouldn't want to go back.

It's a shame as Spa escape could be really nice with some TLC. Currently it is in desperate need of some repairs and a really good clean. Sadly would not recommend.

3  Thank holliedolly10

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Where do I start!??
vouchers purchased from all my friends as a birthday gift, spa day booked by my partner. Was really looking forward to a luxurious day of pampering, all I seemed to get from the experience of dealing with this establishment was disappointment after disappointment!!!
It truly was something out of a comedy sketch although I really wasn't laughing.
Firstly my friends told me that they requested the vouchers twice as the first ones didn't turn up, this should have been an indicator as to the service I was going to receive!
I could babble on, but I will break this down:
The day before my spa day , contacted by email- pool and Jacuzzi out of action-no firm date as to when this will be fixed
several attempts to rearrange day, not very accommodating.
finally I thought booked for alternative day- 30 minutes later- phone call-sorry cant do that time and day, therapist needed on reception
emailed manager- no response
promised call back from duty manager- no call back
finally relented to just going for treatments without pool and Jacuzzi, booked in time and date
phone call later that day, the employee had only just realised that they did not have a trained therapist to do the treatment I had booked, the same treatment that I had booked for nearly 6 weeks!!!! apparently not her fault as she didn't originally book the original day!!!
second email sent to manager- still no response
demanded my money back for vouchers purchased and will take my business elsewhere.
Surprised this place is still in business to be honest after my experience with them!
nothing positive to say apart from a lady called Kim who was the only saving grace for them.
My advice , find a better establishment to work at!
One very annoyed, potential customer, ruined birthday present.

3  Thank vicb2402
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was really quite worried after reading all the bad reviews on here, but I can honestly say I don't know what all the fuss is about. I had booked a Spa Day for myself, my elderly mother and two daughters and we had a lovely relaxing time. The staff were very attentive, especially where my mother was concerned, as she is not very mobile and they suggested she changed in a room upstairs instead of her having to cope with the stairs down to the changing rooms. We had a glass of bubbly on arrival and a very tasty lunch with Prosecco. The treatments were good and we all relaxed by the pool on very comfortable loungers. I kept looking for all this dirt but it was spotlessly clean! The pool was a bit cold but once in it was very refreshing. The jucuzzi was perfect. We had complimentary tea and coffee in the afternoon. I really cannot moan or fault anything about our Spa day.

2  Thank bronzedgoddess0
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We went to the Spa for a morning of R&R. It didn't help that on arrival the welcome was luke warm and there was a terrible damp smell throughout the building (never heard of scented candles?). We were offered a glass of very dubious fizz and then sent to the relaxation area. We decided to take a dip in the pool. Really cold. Jacuzzi likewise. Steamer also too cold but sauna roasting hot. The whole place is gritty underfoot. It's all very dingy lighting which is fine as I am sure it is supposed to add atmosphere, trouble is, there isn't any. I was booked in for a 25 minute treatment which was more like 18-20 minutes and not done with much feeling or dedication. Needless to say, won't be returning.

1  Thank Dryhillkate
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Spa escape yes we wanted too!
Spa day stayed an hour !

Cold pool !cold jacuzzi !cold shower !not enough beds around pool only six!

Disappointing the half hour treatment probably 20 mins could of been a bit better luckily we got it on wowcher so not too expensive 30 pounds for day spent hour there!

Poor