“Private Chef's Table - Fantastic Experience!”

Rosemary Shrager Cookery School
More attraction details
Owner description: Rosemary Shrager's Cookery School, based in the beautiful setting of historic Royal Tunbridge Wells, offers a variety of cookery courses in top-quality surroundings. The school was started by celebrity chef Rosemary Shrager to train professional chefs and the on-site kitchen facilities and equipment are state-of-the-art. Novice and amateur cooks can join one or two-day courses on varied themes from butchery to baking, all using locally-sourced produce. The lessons are all hands-on and include demonstrations and practical cookery time. At the end of the session, sit down and enjoy a three-course lunch and a glass of wine. Alternatively head to the cookery school for a chef’s table experience which combines a demonstration by head chef Iain More with a five-course tasting menu, available on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Private Chef's Table - Fantastic Experience!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I wanted to do something a little different from a standard restaurant meal for my birthday and this experience didn't disappoint.

John and his team were excellent, he phoned me a week before to discuss the menu and dietary requirements and all 15 of my guests were catered for brilliantly. Our evening was very informal and John's team were happy to interact with us and explain what they were preparing/cooking and answer our questions. The venue is lovely and immaculately clean.

The food was amazing, really tasty and wines were recommended with each course which really completed the meal. A good time was had by all, and I would thoroughly recommend the chef's table - if its not booked up already!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Katie M

Kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing chefs table”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Went with 10 friends to the Rosemary Shragers Cookery school Chefs Table. I had heard great things about this culinary experience and it didn't disappoint. John Rogers Is a Class' act, he personally called me the day before to discuss the menu for the following evening. On arrival we received a glass of champagne and canapés. We had the whole studio to ourselves and sat at the central carousel while John cookeda. Seven coarse taster menu for us and Jonny served us a Wide choice of wine. The food was out of this world. While John does not currently have a Michelin start the food he delivered was certainly Michelin standard, it was incredible.
We arrived at 7.30pm and left at 12.30am. We all agreed that it was an outstanding evening and the best food that I have ever sampled in Tunbridge Wells. It is no wonder that the Chefs tables are booked up to the end of the year, I think....
Well done John & Jonny for putting on such a memorable evening .

Thanks Steve

Visited November 2013
1 Thank SteviecKent
Berkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another fantastic cookery course - this time Asian!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was my third cookery course with Rosemary and my first at the new school in Tunbridge Wells. On booking the course I was offered helpful advice on where to stay nearby so I was literally just across the road from the school which made life easy. The cookery school itself is breathtaking with beautiful workstations and state of the equipment. During the day we produced sushi, teriyaki chicken, Peking duck, spring rolls and dumplings, red Thai fish curry, green tea ice cream and coconut biscuits! Whilst this was an amazing amount of food the pace was relaxed and fun and I learnt lots of new skills. Rosemary, John and Johnny were all fantastic are so keen for you to learn and enjoy yourself. I can't wait to go back again and try another of the many courses on offer.

1 Thank RosieBerkshire
east sussex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Brilliant fish and shellfish course”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

From the moment I stepped into the amazingly well equipped kitchen to the end I had an amazing day. John was very welcoming and ensured that we had hands on experience in all aspects of what he was showing us, apart from killing the lobster and crab, thank goodness.
The equipment was very good and there was no shortage of amazing fish to prepare and be shown and to taste. Everyone on it was very friendly and John ensured that we all felt welcome. Rosemary popped in and was so relaxed and welcoming. Brilliant day, highly recommend.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've now done several courses at Rosemary Shrager's cookery school and thoroughly enjoyed every one. It's a great way to learn new cookery skills in a friendly and relaxed environment. If you love food and would like to increase your knowledge this is the place to go.

1 Thank RioRita2013