“A superb find”

Kai's Kitchen
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A superb find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Dismissed, I'm sure, by many who hurry past on their commute home is perhaps the best Thai restaurant in tunbridge wells.
It was packed when we went. The food was superb and the waitresses were superb at their job.
It may not look as slick as some of the more traditional Thai restaurants at the top end of town but it's all the more authentic because of that.
No alcohol license at present (Jan 2014) so bring your own, they don't charge corkage.

Visited January 2014
Danafree78, Owner at Kai's Kitchen, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Good Morning Rob S

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review, it is very much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.
Just to clarify, we do have a corkage charge £1-2 small or large beer, £5 per bottle of wine
and if you feel like celebrating £8 for Champagne.

Thanks again.

Kai's Kitchen.

London, United Kingdom
“Perfect for commuting takeaways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I love the way Kai's morph's from being a buzzy cafe during the day to a Thai restaurant with a really authentic feel on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. The food was excellent and reasonably priced and the staff couldn't do enough for us. It's lovely to have an independant restautant to go and it deserves to be a big success. Having eaten there once we will definitely go back, but they also have a takeway service which we will be making use of. Their position opposite TW station and next to Hoopers makes it perfect for a commuting takeaway - order from the train at Sevenoaks and collect on my walk home from the station. Perfect!

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Now, an evening venue too.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was our second visit as they have started opening in the evening now. The atmosphere has upgraded to feel more like a restaurant than the cafe feel they had previously. The floor is new and the more comfortable seating, new tables, dimmer lighting and different art work on the walls have all improved the place.
The food was very good but not excellent. My husband had the mixed seafood platter and duck spring rolls to start and neither was particularly outstanding. My prawn tempura however was very tasty and also the chicken massaman curry. The place isn't licensed, which we like as it's far cheaper with corkage being £5 on a bottle of wine which we thought was fair. Service was excellent and friendly and the food arrived at well timed intervals. They are clearly building a business here and are working hard to get it right....our server was interested as to how we had heard of the place and where we came from. Food quality and menu choices are not really quite up to the standard of The Giggling Squid or SuCheera but it's a whole heap cheaper! And we will certainly be visiting again.

Tunbridge Wells, England, United Kingdom
“Best Thai food in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I called in for our second takeaway recently. It was a Saturday night and they were very busy, but Kai and Dana were so welcoming and pleased to see us. The food was delicious, just as amazing as before, and the service excellent. Kai's Kitchen is very special, call in and try the best Thai food in town.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great new Takeaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

After spotting this cafe the other day i was V excited to try as Thai is my favorite of Asian cuisines, I phoned up on Friday night and was told it would be ready in 20 mins, unfortunatley the parking is not too great for a quick visit so I had to park in the main car park a few mins walk away and hope i did not get a ticket.
the Food however was ready for me and although we had some issues with the credit card machine the food was still in good condition by the time i got home. I ordered Spring rolls, Chicken Satay, Lamb Massaman and Beef Jungle Curry with Sticky rice and Pad Thai. The Spring rolls were delicious, you could tell they were home made and a great consistency and the Chicken Satay was of good proportion, quite expensive but worth it due to the nature of preparation
I also found the jungle curry to pack the kind of punch I was looking for and the Pad Thai was tasty although if I was say one gripe it would be the slight overpowering taste of fish sauce which was a bit bitter.
My Wife's Lamb Massaman was on the too spicy side for her as she has quite a low tolerence to heat however was no problem for me and I also finished hers.
On the whole I would definately recommend this place but I think in future visits it would probably only be me eating as the food is very authentic and due to my wife's palate I will get her fish and chips.
Well done to Kai's kitchen and I do hope you every success as the Tunbridge Wells restaurant scene must be quite hard to stay competitive. .