“Makes me pleased to live in Tunny”

Sankey's Seafood Kitchen & Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$51
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sankeys Seafood Kitchen & Bar is a relaxing place to come for a drink or a bite to eat. We specialise in fresh seafood but also offer Burgers and steaks too.
Reviewed 31 August 2015

Sankeys is like a character actor. You want to go to an amazing pub, sure. You fancy champagne and lobster, sure. You're down to your last fiver and need good food, sure.

I love Sankeys. When family and friends head to Tunny, we head to Sankeys. I'm really proud that it is in my town.

NB - By character actor, I mean one that plays a number of roles successfully, such as Robert De Niro. I did not mean, for example, Adam Woodyatt who has played the character Ian Beale in Eastenders to moderate successful for 30+ years.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

My partner and I went here for dinner yesterday (the Pub rather than the Oyster Bar) and really enjoyed our time there; everything seemed just right! The waiter was very accommodating when discussing my dietary requirements and ensured I ordered the right things from the menu. We ate the Seafood Sharing Platter and ordered some starters for sides - there was a large amount of mussels, a good amount of whitebait and scampi and some (very delicious!) shrimp. Really couldn't fault the food, and for the amount of seafood given, £16.50 for a sharing platter seemed really reasonable. The food was delicious, very fresh-tasting, and the service was excellent. The staff were very accommodating without being overbearing and made our evening there a very enjoyable; we ordered several drinks with our dinner and the overall bill was still very good value for money. I couldn't recommend Sankey's more, if you want a very relaxed, tasty dinner!

1  Thank Amber F
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Pleasant attentive and fast service in very pleasant surroundings.
Very nice food, well presented.
Will go again.

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

I'm happy to pay high prices if you get what you pay for, over a hour wait from starter to main course and when it did finally arrive our orders where wrong and we made do as we didn't want another hours wait to sort out the problem, the food was not up to standard for the prices, won't be going back again!!

4  Thank martyn s
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Went with friends as expected a lovely meal and been highly recommended!! Did not live up to expectations very disappointed! Had to wait ages/ service slow got the order wrong!! Couldn't be bothered to tell them as would have had to of waited longer to get it sorted!! Too expensive learnt our lesson and won't be back! Shame

3  Thank sue100015