“Good enough”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I’ve eaten here several times over the years and will keep going back from time to time because the menu has a great many different and unusual items on it as well as the usual selection. It's also in a handy location for me and has a big public car park behind. I find the service is better mid-week than at weekends as, like so many Indian’s, at weekends they prioritise takeaway orders over their sitting down customers. I had a Korma this time and, when it was served, it looked as though it had been sat under a hot lamp for a while. I went as a group of 6 and, when the food came out, the waiter didn’t know which dish was which and so it sat there for a little while longer while he tried to sort it out. The upstairs dining area is decorated very nicely with an authentic look – and upstairs is much nicer than downstairs.

1  Thank AllyM810

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Whilst I can not be 100% sure that a takeaway from this restaurant caused my 14 year old to be violently sick he was just 3 hours after eating. The food generally was OK (putting aside the risk of being ill) but do be careful of the chilli rating system. Junahki has a rating system of no chilli symbol, one chilli is hot and two chilli symbols mean very hot. We had the fried squid with one chilli symbol as a starter - we have never ever had chilli so hot before - it was so hot it made you feel ill and was more than eye watering. This ruined the meal and should be labelled appropriately. We have eaten squid before so I know that my son's illness was not an allergic reaction. We will never return and I would not recommend at all.

1  Thank amandamays
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Very disappointed with my Goan Fish curry. No discernible spices or herbs, like a thick gravy of coconut milk. It should have some chilli flavour. I had the feeling that they have prepared sauces that they just add to the main meat or fish ingredient. It certainly was not prepared individually. My husband's vegetarian Thali was not much better - bland!!!

2  Thank Paulette P
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Visited here with my family mid week and had a lovely meal. There is an extensive menu and we all chose different dishes. Nothing was left at all - it was delicious!! Reasonably priced too. The staff were friendly, attentive and very helpful - will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Really bad curry. We ordered two very different curries and they looked exactly the same. My Pasanda was so sweet it was almost inedible, greasy roti. We ordered stuffed paratha and got a dry old piece of bread. Our waiter then informed us that the sauce for our poppadum a was made of ketchup. Um great?!!

1  Thank Saswerr