Review Highlights
An amazing and awe inspiring experience!

I was gifted an overnight stay in a lodge at the sanctuary for my Birthday and from the moment we... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Debbie K
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Amazing Open Days

I have been to the open days twice and can only agree with the other reviewers that this place is... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
L H
London, United Kingdom

All reviews open days photography workshop hand feeding cat lovers beautiful cats general public overnight stay camera settings amazing experience photographic experience afternoon tea love big cats once in a lifetime amazing photos snow leopard chicken leg wild cats
Reviewed 13 June 2018

What as wonderful place to visit and spend the night. I always enjoy the wild life and this Sanctuary is for rescued and retired large cats. The Sanctuary is beautifully landscaped with about 6 lodges for over night stays. The guides were very enthusiastic and caring and we learnt about several different cats which we had never heard of. The tea and then the evening meal was at a very high standard. Expensive but well worth a trip.

Date of experience: June 2018
TheBigCatSanctuary, Public Relations Manager at The Big Cat Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Big Cat Sanctuary.

We are pleased that you found it well worth the cost and appreciated the enthusiasm and knowledge of our staff as well as the high quality of the food served.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I received a Big Cat Experience, including a big cat feed as a Birthday present. What an unbelievable experience. Our tour guides (Simon and Jamie (on only her fourth day in the job)) were excellent. Their knowledge of the cats was exceptional and made the visit very special. As for the feed itself, you are given the choice of the cat you want to feed. I chose a tiger and to have its teeth the length of a chicken leg from my fingers is something I will never forget. I’d highly recommend it to anyone for a special treat.

1  Thank Andy B
TheBigCatSanctuary, Public Relations Manager at The Big Cat Sanctuary, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend The Big Cat Sanctuary.

We are so glad that you enjoyed celebrating your birthday with us and that you found it to be such an amazing experience and also appreciated our staffs’ knowledge and enthusiasm as well as finding the hand feed such an unforgettable experience.

Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and daughter adopted Narnia for my birthday last year having been to the open days before and part of that package you get to go to special adopters afternoons and you can bring up to 5 guests with a minimum donation of £25.

What an amazing afternoon. They only let a maximum of 120 guests in on any afternoon so it's not as stressful as a normal open day. You are left to wander around the sanctuary at your leisure taking in the wonder of these big cats and the amazing work the keepers do.

We saw Maya and Willow from the recent tv program who were very cute and full of mischief.

As I said my adopted cat is Narnia but she decided that she wanted to stay inside and only popped out for a sniff.

The staff are amazing, knowledgeable and courteous, nothing was too much trouble.

Can't wait to go back and would totally recommend anyone to go to this place (if you can get tickets for the open days before they sell out).

I will be asking for another cat for my next birthday I totally fell in love with a gorgeous lion called Kafala.

Date of experience: June 2018

We are so glad that your family found their visit, following your adoption of Narnia, to be such an enjoyable experience and that you felt well looked after by our staff.

Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend The Big Cat Sanctuary and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We stayed overnight in one of the luxury lodges and can only say from start to finish this is the most amazing experience. All the staff that we came into contact with were friendly and knowledgable, the big cats are well cared for and all seemed really contented in their surroundings. The food is delicious, my husband suffers from an unusual food allergy which has caused problems when we have stayed at other places but definately not the case here. I highly recommend a visit and we will definately return in the future.

Date of experience: May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your Overnight Big Cat Safari .

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all the varied aspects of your visit so much and found them to be of such a high standard - from the food and accommodation to our stars, the cats themselves!

It’s so good to hear that you noticed how well cared for our cats are and appreciated the immense knowledge our keepers possess.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

One of its kind, completely dedicated to the lovely big cats which is not too far from London. Great location, tastefully done lodges to accommodate couples and grown ups, great good by the in-house chef, top of the art facilities.. a bit over priced but worth every penny. Great for a day outing, stay overnight, photography, etc. If your looking to have food with the big cats and stay around there roar..just go for it..!

Date of experience: June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your Overnight Big Cat Safari with us here at The Big Cat Sanctuary.

We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed the whole experience, from the food and accommodation to getting up close to the big cats themselves, thank you so much.