“A cracker for the price.”

Campanile Hull - City Center
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Kingston-upon-Hull
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A cracker for the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in July and booked it through a hotel agency on internet at £35 a night .
On arrival was shown my room and for the price it was fine, nice bed and super bathroom and storage. My room faced the main road so bit noisy till about 11 at night but not excessive. I was surprised fir the price my room was cleaned and fresh towels put in between my evening stays. Another plus was the free car park which is large and safe and also free WiFi in all rooms which worked perfectly.
Did not have breakfast as I thought £8.50 was dear so went down the road to greggs for a bacon butty and coffee for £2. Shoos nearby and takeaways and asda about 1 mile away.
No reception through the night so if arriving late then plan this ahead with the company before you go as car park is also locked through the night.
All in all a great value budget stay.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
South Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in June for a night out in Hull. I paid £31.45 for my night's stay which included an en-suite room, free parking and free wifi. I wanted a place to relax until my night out and a place to rest my head at the end of the night. I couldn't fault it. The room had everything I needed - nice comfy bed, en-suite, kettle, drinks, tv, hairdryer, internet etc. The only thing I did miss was the lack of plug sockets especially by the bed - I only found one but this wasn't too much of an issue since there was only me in the room.

On my night out, I lost my purse in a taxi and the ladies who I dealt with on reception were fantastic, one even took the time to ring and tell me my purse had been returned and posted it back to me, if that is not an example of excellent customer service to go above and beyond for a hotel guest then I don't know what is.

The Campanile might not be the best/most posh hotel in Hull, but if you're just looking for a clean, reasonably priced hotel in the centre of town to rest your head for a night or two then I couldn't recommend this more.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank pintsizedblondie
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here as we have stayed in the chain abroad. The room was as expected. However I noted on our booking that we had dogs with us. On arrival reception confirmed they had the dogs staying. At no time were we told that there was an extra charge until we checked out. I was then told it stated the charge on the back of the bedroom doors. This is appalling I have searched their website nowhere does it state an extra charge. I have contacted them and been told the same. By the time you get there it's too late to make other arrangements. NEVER staying with them again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bustravel186342

Travellers are raving about these Kingston-upon-Hull hotels

York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

Great location, super staff and fantastic prices. The rooms are a bit tired but for less than £40 a night including parking what do you expect? Saw warnings about not having a room on the road side, we did but we didn't experience horrendous noise, just a few sirens. We didn't have breakfast as it did look overpriced for what you get but try Leanardo's down by Princes Quay shopping centre, that was superb. Overall a great budget place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is in a good position close to a walk into the city centre. Secure, good parking and friendly staff.
What lets this down is the tired old rooms trying to be better than they are. I was at the front and kept awake by the Hull night owls and traffic....or police sirens....or screaming.....is that Hull!!!!!
Shame but its well cheap and I love Campaniles to death so this is just a heads up about the rooms .

Room Tip: Don't dont don't go on the road front side !!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank rogerCaymanIslands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed here last night whilst on business. I was told it was good. This from a friend who said jack Daniels was better than Single Malt Whisky. I should know better.

I told them I would be arriving late, but I got a call from them to ask what was keeping me, as it was 10.00 pm and reception closed at 11.00 pm. That worried me. My train didn't get in to Hull till 10.15 pm. What was the hassle?

When I got to the hotel, there where two police officers escorting a young lad in to the hotel. Turns out he was two rooms down from me. Where the local cells full and this was an overspill? I couldn't even get a sandwich after my late arrival, so I had to venture out in the rain to find a place.

The rooms where, well, very basic, but clean. They where in a separate building from reception. Like a youth hostel . You get soaked walking over to them.

Breakfast in the morning was " not the best " re heated in the microwave sausages and bacon.

I would give this place 2 out of 10. It won't see me again.

Room Tip: Front of the hostel faces on to noisy main road. Give it a miss.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tonyh190
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Arrived on a Friday afternoon and received a warm welcome from member of staff at Reception/bar area. Were given keys to ground floor chalet that was clean and tidy but was right on the main road so a little noisy re traffic. Room rate was very competitive but disappointed to learn that breakfast wasn't included which I thought it was when I booked on line using last minute.com. However I queried it with a very helpful member of staff who said she would look into it.
Overall great location as city centre only 10 minutes walk away and clean tidy competitively priced hotel with friendly, helpful staff. Nice change from the standard travel lodge type hotels.
As noted on other reviews be aware there is only one plug socket in the rooms (if you can find it!!!!).
Didn't eat in the restaurant but had a beer on our last night and again received a warm welcome. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013