“Motel in Hull....”

Campanile Hull - City Center
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Kingston-upon-Hull
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Wow. Stayed here with work for thankfully only one night. It is an American style motel with the doors facing out onto a busy road. When we were checking in, the "general manager" felt the need to answer the phone and take another reservation. When we reached our room, it was small and very outdated. Our group then decided to eat in the restaurant. We told the GM we had a tastecard to which he told us we would have to make an advance reservation, so we asked to make one for 10 mins later. He declined so we went elsewhere. (Who makes a dinner reservation for a Campanile I'm not sure...)

I found a live bug crawling across my bed, the window looks out onto a walkway and busy road. Bed wasn't very comfortable and the room small. Breakfast (£8.75!) was disappointing; no buffet just continental and an English breakfast.

If you feel you need to stay in Hull last minute and everywhere else is full, approach this hotel with caution. In all other instances, there is a new Travelodge across the street.

Must mention the very friendly hostess at breakfast; middle aged blonde lady who was very pleasant in an otherwise forgettable hotel stay!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Situated in the centre with secure car parking. The rooms are chalet type. Ask for a room away from the main road which can be noisy. The bar and restaurant area very pleasant with sociable staff. Close to railway station shopping and nightlife.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank STEVE D
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in July and booked it through a hotel agency on internet at £35 a night .
On arrival was shown my room and for the price it was fine, nice bed and super bathroom and storage. My room faced the main road so bit noisy till about 11 at night but not excessive. I was surprised fir the price my room was cleaned and fresh towels put in between my evening stays. Another plus was the free car park which is large and safe and also free WiFi in all rooms which worked perfectly.
Did not have breakfast as I thought £8.50 was dear so went down the road to greggs for a bacon butty and coffee for £2. Shoos nearby and takeaways and asda about 1 mile away.
No reception through the night so if arriving late then plan this ahead with the company before you go as car park is also locked through the night.
All in all a great value budget stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here for 1 night in June for a night out in Hull. I paid £31.45 for my night's stay which included an en-suite room, free parking and free wifi. I wanted a place to relax until my night out and a place to rest my head at the end of the night. I couldn't fault it. The room had everything I needed - nice comfy bed, en-suite, kettle, drinks, tv, hairdryer, internet etc. The only thing I did miss was the lack of plug sockets especially by the bed - I only found one but this wasn't too much of an issue since there was only me in the room.

On my night out, I lost my purse in a taxi and the ladies who I dealt with on reception were fantastic, one even took the time to ring and tell me my purse had been returned and posted it back to me, if that is not an example of excellent customer service to go above and beyond for a hotel guest then I don't know what is.

The Campanile might not be the best/most posh hotel in Hull, but if you're just looking for a clean, reasonably priced hotel in the centre of town to rest your head for a night or two then I couldn't recommend this more.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pintsizedblondie
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here as we have stayed in the chain abroad. The room was as expected. However I noted on our booking that we had dogs with us. On arrival reception confirmed they had the dogs staying. At no time were we told that there was an extra charge until we checked out. I was then told it stated the charge on the back of the bedroom doors. This is appalling I have searched their website nowhere does it state an extra charge. I have contacted them and been told the same. By the time you get there it's too late to make other arrangements. NEVER staying with them again

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bustravel186342
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Great location, super staff and fantastic prices. The rooms are a bit tired but for less than £40 a night including parking what do you expect? Saw warnings about not having a room on the road side, we did but we didn't experience horrendous noise, just a few sirens. We didn't have breakfast as it did look overpriced for what you get but try Leanardo's down by Princes Quay shopping centre, that was superb. Overall a great budget place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is in a good position close to a walk into the city centre. Secure, good parking and friendly staff.
What lets this down is the tired old rooms trying to be better than they are. I was at the front and kept awake by the Hull night owls and traffic....or police sirens....or screaming.....is that Hull!!!!!
Shame but its well cheap and I love Campaniles to death so this is just a heads up about the rooms .

Room Tip: Don't dont don't go on the road front side !!!!!!!!!