“Spotless, friendly, excellent value.”

Earlsmere Guesthouse Hull
Earlsmere Guesthouse Hull
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Needed a place close to the hospital and this had good reviews. I have paid far more for a lot less. The hotel is one of the cleanest I have been in and great value. Homely comfort without sameness of a corporate chain hotel and a far better breakfast too ! The location is good with plenty of parking spaces and within 2 mins walk away from a great variety of nice eating places, wine bars and food pubs so problems for an evening meal.

Room Tip: room 8 is great..
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed for one night with a last minute booking and although the decor in the room was a little dated everything was clean and functional and the en-suite was spotless and had shower gel soap etc, the staff were very helpful and the was a good selection of yogurts and cereals together with fruit juice on the buffet table for breakfast, in addition a very good full English breakfast arrived and for one of our party a good vegetarian breakfast together with seemingly unlimited toast, tea and coffee.

We will certainly be returning on our next visit to Hull in September

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The first time I stayed here I got my full English Breakfast included in the room rate which is as it should be, because that is the goods/services being 'as described' by the hotel.My first stay here in October 2013 was absolutely fine. However on subsequent visits here, after querying the staff as to if breakfast was included in the price of the room, I was told it was 'room only', which I have just found out recently was incorrect as according to the 1982 supply of goods and services act, the products have to be 'as described' so my point is that if they were described by the hotel as a full english breakfast being included in the room rate, then that is what I should have received, but I stayed here twice more,the second time I stayed the housekeeper was a bit patronising but she said I could have some cereal and a drink, after I mentioned I was homeless, but since a full breakfast is advertised as being included in the room rate with these hotel rooms, that is what I shoud have had.I also should have had the wi-fi because that was stated as being in with the room rate paid as well, I queried it but I was told by the owner it was the signal strength, well she should have said I could use it downstairs then. The owner said I was arguing when I wasn't last time and told me to leave, I am glad to leave a hotel with staff that feels the need to be so mean to a customer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
wolfreton, Owner at Earlsmere Guesthouse Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Important things that you forgot to mention. When you booked in you asked for a room at our cheapest price...the owner said to try to help we would offer you a £5 reduction if you wished to have "accommodation only" ie not including breakfast....you happily accepted this and yet came to the dining room for breakfast anyway despite the agreed reduction for breakfast.The owner said however that you were welcome to help yourself to the breakfast bar i.e. yoghurt, fresh fruit, cereals, orange etc however it is most unacceptable for you to attend our dining room in your pyjama bottoms and barefeet. Due to the fact that you were being difficult and involving yourself with other guests in the dining room my wife asked you to leave and so it is hardly surprising that you have provide a negative feedback. We are kind, courteous, and most obliging to our guests but not when you seem to enjoy being as difficult and as unpleasant as possible.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Firstly, for the price of the rooms the standard isn't too bad!... Nothing amazing, but defiantly not poor. The staff are extremely polite and welcoming. The decor within the rooms is tired and a bit dated, so was the en-suite. Having said this the room itself was clean, had a fairly comfortable bed, tv, tea/coffee making facilities and wi-fi. The breakfast was nothing special but by no means poor. The hotel is in a good location just off 'Beverley Road' and parking is available on the street/across the road through a £5 deposit for a parking pass

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hello Sir, Thank you for your feedback. Bit surprised at your comment about our breakfast being average as it consists of tropical fruit juice, fresh fruit, choice of cereals, individually cooked breakfast of your choice, toast, tea or coffee and extra toast tea or coffee if our guests wish it all included in most modest guesthouse prices. Only this weekend several guests expressed most pleasing comments about breakfast being wonderful and so we have asked them to place their opinions on this platform.The big hotels in Hull charging two and three times more than our modest prices offer the same breakfast content . Turning to décor we deliberately purchased expensive traditional wallpapers in keeping with our description of being a homely family run traditionally decorated guesthouse and so I am sorry that we have not pleased you. If you would be kind enough to book again I would be delighted to show you our uprated décor so far completed and to seek your kind advice as to future decorating work.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed for one night following a work christmas party. Right from the start nothing was too much trouble the owner was so approachable friendly and polite that we felt at home straight away. Our room was very clean comfortable and like a home from home I can definately recommend room 9. (the bed is very very comfortable). We were met the following morning by a lovely lady (waitress) who was very chatty and helpful our breakfast was cooked to order and was delicious. Overall we had a very positive outcome from our short stay and would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone coming to visit Hull

Room Tip: En-Suite rooms are a must they are very compact but worth the extra
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

i found this family run hotel and it proved a little gem ? very comfortable ? very clean ? and very friendly ? They also provide a lovely breakfast [recommended] the room had everything you would require tea coffee and a nice touch of a packet of biscuites

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Hull for the past three years to take our son to university and we have always stayed in this hotel. It is very friendly, welcoming and in an excellent quiet location. The owners have always made us feel very welcomed and as if we were old friends. Very professional. I would recommend it highly to anyone visiting Hull.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family