Can't say much more about the good stuff in this hotel - it's a good place for little money! Comfortable, friendly, okay. Internet costs 20 Pounds for 7 days, good connection.
But don't expect a European standard when it comes to efficiency of the facilities:
1) the 2nd lift was broken for the entire week I was there (repair work seems to take 10 times longer in the UK than in European hotels)
2) the slit in the window is annoying and noisy when the wind blows- why is that there? For ventilation? What an outdated, insufficient, environmentally unfriendly system!!! + it does not allow the room to warm up the way you want it - the walls cannot be warmed up with this strange hot-air-blowing heating/air-conditioning system.
3) the parking garage was not entirely open, only the 1st deck was, which was completely insufficient for all cars. It was freezing outside so people wanted to park their car in the parking garage but couldn't because it was stuffed with cars. Even turning round was impossible, so I had to drive backwards all the way back to the entrance! This is a really impossible thing to do as everyone parks their car somewhere in the garage as all the parking spots are taken...
=> However, parking was for free, so cannot really complain about it - would have preferred to pay though and have a garage spot guaranteed!! Breakfast is brilliant, cheap, nice view from the breakfast room and nice staff. Costa's coffee with endless refills, but not as tasty as the one in the real Costa cafes or at the bar (where you pay for a single caffee latte + syrup if you want once with syrup!).
Summary: Good, nice, comfortable place, but not European standard. Perfect for a UK standard hotel, good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hull City Centre Premier Inn is a new build, open since 1st July 2009. Has fantastic views of the Humber Estury, Humber Bridge and surrounding City. Only a 2 minute walk from The Deep - Hulls biggest attraction and one of the UKs largest submarians. Conveniently located a short walk from Hull Marina, local theares and Museums with easy reach to the main shopping centres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel Kingston-Upon-Hull