“A HIDDEN GEM”

Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Floors 1 to 6 is multi storey car park, Reception, Resteraunt and Bar are all on the 7th floor and your room Key card is needed to use the lift to floors 8 to 12 where the rooms are situated. The views from the rooms look out over the Estuary and the Humber Bridge and The Deep which is only a 5 min walk away.Once you leave the hotel just cross the road then over the pedestrian swing bridge and your in Hull Old Town which has several Real Ale Pubs for the grown ups a Museum for the kids. A 5 min walk and your in the City Center which is a mix of fabulous old buildings, great shopping Malls more Museums and the Marina.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is one of the best premier inns I have stayed in. All the staff have obviously been trained to a very high standard and all of them have very good people skills. The staff are friendly, happy, hard working which makes this place a good place to stay. This is the second time I have stayed here and the service is the same as my last stay. I have stayed in other premier inns but this has to be the top of my list.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Friendly Hull staff, spotlessly clean, super breakfast, easy free parking, and everything you need at a great price. Apparently the review has to be more than two hundred characters but actually I've said it all already so now I'm just rambling to get to two hundred, thank goodness Premier Inn have no such illogical rules!

Room Tip: Good to get an estuary view if you can
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just returned from an overnight stay in Hull. I had originally booked a single room for myself, as I'm doing a course at Hull Uni and needed a hotel for one night. My boyfriend decided to join me, so I made a quick phonecall to the hotel and was allowed to change the room to accommodate 2 people, with no additional fee to pay.
The hotel is conveniently located in the centre of Hull and easy to find using sat nav.
I had read in other reviews that there'd be a short walk to the actual building from the car park, and that I'd have to take a lift up to reception - this was all fine, and I was checked in quickly by a lovely receptionist. My boyfriend arrived later than me and was given the second key to our room - all in all, a smooth and quick check-in.

Our room was immaculately clean with what looked like a brand new television. They have introduced a card swiping system to access lifts and rooms, which is great for security purposes.
As always, the bed was extremely comfortable and we had a powerful shower and suitably spacious bathroom.

We decided to eat in the hotel that evening, as my boyfriend had travelled straight from work and we were both tired. We had no problem getting a table and there is a good menu for the Thyme restaurant. I enjoyed a chicken risotto from the less than 600 calories range, and my boyfriend chose a pizza which he could customise with his favourite toppings. We both enjoyed a dessert and drinks and the total bill came to £31.00! Very reasonable!

The following money we enjoyed an all-you-can-eat premier inn breakfast for £8.95 each. This is excellent value for money. There was a huge continental selection as well as a range of hot dishes, such as scrambled and fried eggs, sausages, bacon and so on. I also ordered poached eggs and they were brought to our table promptly.

Our check-out was hassle free too.
All in all, I was extremely impressed and I wouldn't hesitate in booking this hotel again!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Would definitely recommend for a short stay in Hull. Easy for parking and a short walk to the lift to go up to reception. Typical Premier Inn room but a good view over the Humber Estuary. Not far from The Deep and the Old Quarter with loads of pubs and modern bars. Pre book breakfast if required it is dear, but well worth it. All staff were friendly and courteous. Will be back !!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

overall a really good hotel very good rooms only disappointment for me during my stay was breakfast was cold, would definitely recommend if your looking for a cheap stay close to town centre it is a 2minute walk from the deep and about ten from the train station/bus station

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Choose this hotel if you want easy access to The Deep, and also to Hull's Old Town and Museum Quarteras a sttroll across the swing bridge takes you into Hull's Old Town.
The staff are very welcoming, and always helpful.
The rooms we had were clean and well maintained, with extra towels and tea and coffee supplies available at reception.
We had a first class breakfast and in addition gluten free bread was available on request a nice addition to the breakfast menu for the gluten intolerant amongst us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family