“Nice but noisy”

The Whittington and Cat Hotel
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights a few weeks ago and had the twin room at the top of the stairs. The room itself is nice and airey but I had to squeeze down the side of the bed to open the wardrobe. Also this room is next to the busy main road which kept me awake at night and woke me up early in the mornings. The staff however were very friendly and made me feel very welcome. I would recommend this place if your looking for budget accommodation. I didn't try the food so can't comment on that but the restaurant was quite busy when I checked in.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Arrived around lunch time and the pub was shut but the chef and manager was around. We were told the room was ready so we may as well check in which was great. The manager explained that they had a table of 16 in for a meal at night and should we wish to eat it maybe better that we order beford them which we did the food was good pub food at a resonable price. The room we stayed in was the Emerald room this was very clean and lovely a lot of attention to detail including the hair dryer,hotwater bottle,robes & slippers there was everything you needed. There was even free parking available.
The only problem was that we could hear the cooler for the pub which did wake us up. Befor we left we were able to see the other rooms and they were equally well presented.
We would stay at the pub/hotel should we be over in that area again.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I arrived early in the afternoon and the hotel was closed, I called the contact number and within 5 minutes Sue arrived she led me into the pub then to my room. The room was really nice, large bathroom, with a bath, good shower and bathrobes.
The bed was really comfortable, lots of tea and coffee, marvelous.
The hotel is situated by the marina and a shopping precinct so there is plenty of places to park and the city is just a few minutes walk away.
I had a few drinks in the pub and ate there,there is a good pub menu, with good fresh food.
What more could you ask for, "great stuff".

Room Tip: There isn,t a lift so try and get a lower floor room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank tonymac1960
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The hotel is beautifully decorated and furnished and the room was lovely. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean. The service was very helpful and friendly. We had a meal in the hotel which was homemade and great value for money. Its a few minutes walk to the city centre. We definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We arrived at the hotel a bit late but Bev was there to greet us, help us with our luggage and made a booking for a restaurant (as it was late and the pub was not serving food at the time). The room was amazing ! Four poster bed, a bathroom really huge with a bathtab that was just an invitation to stay in and soak ! The bed was amazing and the decoration just great ! Every little detail was taken care of , and we felt that it was a place really worth its money !

It was my wife's birthday and she really felt pampered ! I recommend it without any hesitation !

Reviewed 8 June 2012

on arriving to this hotel we were met by jill who was really friendly and made us feel welcome straight away, after parking our car for free in a safe 24hour security manned space, we were shown to our room and were offered a free upgrade to their master suite because this happened to be free, we thought this was a great gesture, the room was fantastic, clean spacious with a large 4 poster bed and beautiful bathroom, the lights furniture and fittings all finished the look off,we travel quite alot but this was easiest our favourite stay, the location of the hotel is about 3 mins to the city centre but with none of the noise because it is just on the other side of the a63,the food at the pub is excellent a great menu with pies specials but we suggest the whale and chips :] . the stay was great but again the friendly staff which included jill,bev,emily and tom made this trip most memorble.

Room Tip: choose the master room, or the marine view room as both have best views
1  Thank Mandywoody
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Have moved my boat to Hull Marina so I was looking for good quality rooms nearby together with some atmosphere and friendly service - they have it all. Bev welcomed us in the bar and I had a glass of chilled wine in my hand while I registered. Shown to the room with a view over the Marina it was up with the best 3 star quality. Evening meal of the steak pie was fantastic. Breakfast is minimal, but you can always pop next door to thr Holiday Inn and enjoy their's for a small fortune. Will stay again - often.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo