“Great place”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I love this place. I've been here a few times and have never reviewed it but it's been consistently ace. The food is great, really good menu. The atmospehere is lovely and despite being the first customer arriving early in the morning for breakfast, the service was great. I really recommend the filter coffee

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Disappointing club sandwich, not sure a tooth pick makes it a club. Only two slices of bread not three and no fries.

Maybe the £1 upgrade at least adds a third slice!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Went for something to eat as in town and looking for somewhere quick. Was told there wasnt a table for two then two people moved upstairs making our table available. If they moved upstairs there must have been one available up there in the first place.
Ordered two coffee's and two jacket potato's, one tuna mayo, one chilli beef.
Coffees arrived in five minutes, drank them. Waited further 25 minutes for a jacket potato. No apologies. In the mean time a table along side us was vacated and it wasn until someone else came and sat down that anyone could be bothered to clear it of used plates etc.
The food when eventually we got it was good but the service was shocking, be prepared to wait, dont be in a rush!!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We went to visit McCoys because last year I visited and really enjoyed it. There is an outside dinning area and steps into the main indoor area. Well its was January, cold and we were hungry. The bell on the outside is for wheelchair users to get staffs attention for I presume a temp ramp. Well bell rang.. Waited...waited.. Rang bell. Waited... You get the idea... My partner was elsewhere so I kept waiting. 20 mins later no staff and one cold wheelchair user. I asked a passerby for help and they went in... They told me that they had informed staff and that apparently the bell is not working. I waited... No staff...,partner returned and went in to complain... The end result we went somewhere else.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Today, my daughter and I had lunch at McCoys. My daughter ordered a sandwich and a coca cola and I ordered a salad and the waitress suggested a wrap when I said I didn't want a bread roll. I agreed to this and asked for a glass of tap water. She told me that I could only have a glass of water if I ordered a hot drink. So we ordered two cups of coffee and had to pay for the meal before eating. When the food arrived, I got a bread roll instead of a wrap. I tried to find someone to complain to and was told that I could only have a bread roll with the salad. I asked for the tap water and was told that they were having trouble with the till roll. Then after we had finished the food the coffees did not arrive. Eventually I found a waiter who told me that they were having trouble with the till rolls. The whole meal took 1 hour 40 mins because of the slow service. There were 3 ladies on the table next to us and the waitress visited the table 5 times before their order was taken correctly. It was the worst service I have experienced in a restaurant.

1  Thank 64Paeony