“Excellent!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I have visited here many times for a coffee and often lunch and have always been pleased. Therefore we visited last Saturday morning for breakfast. We both ordered eggs benedict from an excellent menu. Our drinks were served and we were able to sit and relax in the comfortable surroundings whilst waiting for our food. When our food arrived we were very impressed as it was delicious. The staff were really friendly which contributed to our enjoyable visit. Would certainly recommend and we will return.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My sister and I visited for lunch on the Bank Holiday Sunday so it was quite busy and therefore you expect some delay. Additionally the tables and chairs are packed closely together so it was not the most comfortable either. We waited at least 10 to 15 minutes before anyone acknowledged we were there then our order was taken and altogether from walking in the door of this bar/cafeteria it was 42 minutes before we got our lunch. There is no way any workers could have used it for a lunch break and my sister said her husband would have walked out. We had finished our drinks when the food arrived however my sister was very happy with her BLT saying it was delicious. I, on the other hand had 'tuna mayo on brown' and found it disappointing as there was no butter or spread on the bread and very little mayonnaise in the tuna so it was very dry, my sister gave me a sachet of her mayonnaise which helped a little but should not have been necessary! The first sandwich had little filling too so I was not impressed then I found that the filling had all been thrown into the second half of the sandwich. The waitress had a problem with the till linked handset, which food was ordered with, freezing. The tables did not receive food in the correct order and the table of five behind us had finished half their meals before the remainder appeared. The staff were very pleasant and helpful but the speed and efficiency of getting the food to the table was, in my opinion, very poor. Someone overseeing the waiting on, cooking or preparing and delivering of food is badly needed.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We wandered in here for a Coffee because I just thought that was what the place was about. Seeing the menu tempted us to upgrade our visit as it was almost lunchtime. One hour later we came out highly satisfied having enjoyed one of the best Lasagne versions I have tasted and a Cheesecake recipe featuring Maltezers that was amazing. I am sidetracking a lot of the Costa/Starbuck corporates these days in favour of the independents and the individual nature of McCoys and the unusual architecture of the building compliment the good food and service making McCoys a 'must see' venue in the Town Centre.

1  Thank Bobbo2014
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Dropped in McCoys for lunch whilst visiting Hull this weekend. Nice cafe, comfortable and friendly service. The menu had lots to choose from and very reasonably priced. Good selection of different coffees and teas and other drinks. Can order an alcoholic drink with food. I had club sandwich which was a little dry but all the other choices in our party was fine. I had a pot of Earl Grey and it was enough for 4 cups of tea. Woukd recommend and visit again.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

McCoys is located just at the side of Princess Quay in Hull's Old Town. Many of the historic features of the building have been maintained to produce a warm, comfortable and traditional atmosphere. The members of staff are very friendly and offer very good service. The menu for snacks and meals is extensive and great value for money. We had both a traditional breakfast and the next day a chicken lunch. Both were freshly cooked and delicious. I will strongly recommend this restaurant to friends.