Stayed for one night. Unfortunate check in problems, which I'm not sure if was a problem with our travel agents or the hotel, but we were eventually allocated rooms. Surprised to read that the hotel had been recently refurbished as decor and condition of fixtures and fittings in room didn't give that impression - noisy hum from bedside light, another broken light, toilet flush tempremental and mediocre shower. However, nice big room and comfy bed. Had trouble with my key and very pleasant, friendly man came and made sure it was all working fine. Had dinner in the restuarant and service was poor, robotic and cold. Our table seemed to miss out on the bread rolls which was unfortunate as there was no bread to accompany the soup. Food quality acceptable but not particularly memorable. Breakfast service similarly poor, there seems to be a strict demarcation of roles which meant empty plates/dishes weren't taken away. Other than service/room niggles the hotel itself has a pleasant feel and the lobby/bar area has been sympathetically decorated with a successful blend of modern and traditional. Would stay again, but would probabaly eat elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hull Royal Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, adjacent to the Railway Station. The Hotel is next to the St Stephens Shopping complex and the Hull Truck Theatre. Close to Hull's historic Old Town Centre and The Deep Aquarium, everything is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Hotel Hull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Kingston Upon Hull
- Quality Hotel Kingston Upon Hull