I've stayed at the this hotel many times on business over the last 6 years and I was interested on the latest trip to see what had changed since it had acquired the 'Mercure' name.It's always seemed a little stuck in the past so I was hoping for some radical changes. There are some new tables and chairs in the restaurant and bar areas and there's also now free WiFi which is good but, apart from that, I couldn't see how it fitted in with the Mercure brand which I've always associated with something slightly up market.
Some minor issues in the room such as a missing toliet roll holder which could easily have been fixed by someone going to a local DIY shop, and a toliet seat that wouldn't stay up - neither of which say 'Mercure' to me.
Not a bad hotel by any means - just still some way to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hull Royal Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, adjacent to the Railway Station. The Hotel is next to the St Stephens Shopping complex and the Hull Truck Theatre. Close to Hull's historic Old Town Centre and The Deep Aquarium, everything is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Hotel Hull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Kingston Upon Hull
- Quality Hotel Kingston Upon Hull