“brilliant location”

The Royal Hotel Hull
conisbrough
“brilliant location”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

just got back from weekend break,hotel was very good,staff brilliant ,great location,hotel was lovelly and clean,the staff were busy but where always on hand to help with any queries for places to see and go,will definately be back,

1 Thank leighConisbrough
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for leaving a review. I am looking through all my ‘older’ reviews and I hope you will accept my apologies for the fact that we didn’t reply any sooner. I value your feedback and I hope I am able to welcome you again in the near future.
Luc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I just stayed for one night and it was a bargain price, part of a coach trip. The room was very good and seems to have been recently refurbished, and we had a very restful night even though the hotel was busy with a wedding party. There was plenty of space in the room and bathroom which we liked.
There was a good atmosphere in the hotel and a nice mix of guests, young and old and the staff were helpful and friendly. Not sure if I would have liked a bedroom directly overlooking the station, but other reviewers seem happy. My friend and I would definitely stay ther again and also liked Hull itself.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
cheshire
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on three ocasions and on the first the toliet and room was very dirty - i was given a different room which was a very nice quiet room- i have requested this room on my booking on the subsequest occasions and last time informed i could not request on any further occasion. last night i arrived and had requested the room in question i was refused and given a dirty room when i comlained the manager a young women gave me a very noisey room next to the lift !!

Room Tip: please train your managers/staff in customer care
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for leaving a review. I am looking through all my ‘older’ reviews and I hope you will accept my apologies for the fact that we didn’t reply any sooner. Since your visit we have made some management changes and improved the overal customer service. I value your feedback and I hope I am able to welcome you again in the near future.
Luc

Travellers are raving about these Kingston-upon-Hull hotels

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed for 2 nights all inclusive,. Everything was good, the staff, the meals and the hotel.
We were in room 102 at the front of the hotel, a bit noisy but wat do you expect in the middle of town
There is plenty to see in Hull and the wife said th shopping was very good.
The staff were very friendly and could not be more helpfull, We would stay there again.
Very good value for money, Thank You

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2011

As others have said Hull has lots to offer in the way of museums, art gallery, eating and shopping. The Royal Hotel is in the very centre of the city and the ambience is greatly enhanced by being right on the station with easy access to both trains and buses. Parking there is also very good.
A very grand hotel in earlier days the Royal now offers good value for money. It is well kept and our room was spacious. The lounge and bar are welcoming and relaxing and the breakfast offered plenty of choice. We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Dear Travelaholi. Thank you for your positive comments following your stay with us at the Royal hotel. When you return back to the city, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal. Sincerely Stewart Rushton, General Manager
united kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Just returned from our two night special deal with Travelzoo. We had only ever passed through Hull on our way to the Ferry so our expectations weren't great. However, the hotel was very central to the shopping centres and the all inclusive break was excellent value for money. Hull itself was an unexpected treat - lots and lots of shops!!!!! The architecture around the city was absolutely stunning. We visited the Maritime museum and also the Feren Art Gallery to see the Hockney exhibition both of which were free to enter. You must visit the Maritime museum if only to see the Jury room which is absolutely gorgeous. Upon arrival at the hotel we asked for an upgrade and were given a very spacious room, the only negative was the musty smell in the room which has been commented on previously. The food on both evenings was really nice and all the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was also very good too. The rear door of the hotel leads directly onto Hull station and the statue of the poet Philip Larkin which made the whole stay extremely interesting. Would certainly stay here again on the same deal. Hope this helps.

1 Thank harbour
Dear harbour. Thank you for your positive comments following your stay with us at the Royal hotel. I will look at the musty rooms with my housekeeper. When you return back to the city, my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal. Sincerely Stewart Rushton, General Manager
w yorks
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We were on a coach trip Saturday night & sunday morning. The breakfast was very good everything you could ask for . My only gripe was the Saturday evening meal. Apart from the evening meal I would stay there again, bedrooms & bathroom very clean & staff helpful & friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends