“Well worth a stay”

The Royal Hotel Hull
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Well worth a stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

The Hotel is well situated for Hull town,literally minutes walking distance away from shops ( Large shopping centres), restaurants, free musems, bars,cafe's and the marina. It is a grade two listed building and the rear entrance opens onto Hull railway station which adds to the atmosphere and ambience of the hotel. The rooms are clean and of a good standard. The staff are friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant was of a good standard and well presented.The breakfast was excellent particurarly the locally produced sausages

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor.com.
I am pleased to read that you have had an enjoyable stay. feedback such as yours, improves our staff morale and has a diret impact on our service levels. It is not often that good service and quality is recognised as we all tend to focus on any negative issues. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to welcome you again in the near future. Luc Perquin, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Booked this Hotel and got one of there special deals, all inclusive meals drinks & parking.
Absolutley brilliant value for money. The hotel is located in the city centre and is in walking distance to the main shopping centre, marina & the old town where there are eight interesting museums all free of charge.

1 Thank nikdoh
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for leaving a review. I am looking through all my ‘older’ reviews and I hope you will accept my apologies for the fact that we didn’t reply any sooner. I value your feedback and I hope I am able to welcome you again in the near future.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here on an inclusive break for a weekend. It was excellent value and we really enjoyed it. Our room was nice, though the view was only of the side of the hotel showing the car park etc but we weren't there to look out of the window all day.
The hotel itself is in an excellent location , just across the (busy) road from the town shops and main squares..so is really ideal. Also if you are travelling by train to Hull you can walk into the hotel from the station itself through the back entrance..it IS that near. !
The food was plentiful for breakfast, with a full buffet with all you can eat (cereals, fruit,full english,toast, jams etc).
We had evening meal twice and on first night it was very stylish ..(though because it was a la carte, there wasn't too much to eat if you were starving hungry but it was still adequate for a smaller apetite)..They have a new chef we were told and he does seem quite good..and the food was very tasty what we had. The second evening was busier as the hotel was full and for us it was like a set menu with less choices (3 I think...on our deal anyway), On the whole we could not fault the meals.
The hotel bar is in the foyer/lounge area (combined)...it was quite busy on the Saturday evening as a masked ball for someones 21st was being held in one of the hotels other function rooms...it was interesting to see all the costumes that people turned up in.!
The hotels public areas were always clean and tidy so the staff do seem to take pride in their work.
We enjoyed lots of Hulls (free entrance) museums over the course of the weekend , did some shopping in the pleasant and clean shopping areas and also visited the Deep (which was about £10 per person entrance)
To conclude...this hotel and Hull met all our expectations and more...we will definately return again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

An excellent hotel with friendly staff who could not do enough to make our stay excellent .
The waitresses in the restaurant were very efficient and amenable and nothing was too much trouble for them.

Other reviews may put you off but we found nothing to put us off this hotel, the modern rooms were very clean and the bedding was clean etc.

We enjoyed all the food at each meal and the value for money was exceptional.

Room Tip: Upgrade on your arrival
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Great value for money on special deal but no chance of room upgrade as hotel packed with 3 wedding parties. Bedroom was ok but small and in need of updating. Hotel has been tastefully modernised but the building still retains plenty of character and is in a very convenient location especially if travelling by train, car parking is very easy. Good quality food although portions were quite small but restaurant lacks supervision, especially at breakfast. The buffet was continually running out of food as the containers were not being refilled due to the staff not checking, a supervisor would have solved the problem. Staff in the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful at all times.

Room Tip: To get an upgrade to a better quality room try and avoid days when the hotel is booked with wedding...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
conisbrough
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

just got back from weekend break,hotel was very good,staff brilliant ,great location,hotel was lovelly and clean,the staff were busy but where always on hand to help with any queries for places to see and go,will definately be back,

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leighConisbrough
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I just stayed for one night and it was a bargain price, part of a coach trip. The room was very good and seems to have been recently refurbished, and we had a very restful night even though the hotel was busy with a wedding party. There was plenty of space in the room and bathroom which we liked.
There was a good atmosphere in the hotel and a nice mix of guests, young and old and the staff were helpful and friendly. Not sure if I would have liked a bedroom directly overlooking the station, but other reviewers seem happy. My friend and I would definitely stay ther again and also liked Hull itself.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends