“very good deal”

The Royal Hotel Hull
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Kingston-upon-Hull
Reviewed 26 October 2011

some reviews a bit mixed.i found good reception,small but clean room.tea/coffee provided.nice telly.nice shower/bath,condiments provided.2 nights dinner b&b.excellent quick service in restuarant,good quality 3 course eve meal.nice full buffet breakfast.drinks little expensive in bar.best location for shopping,next rail station & bus station taxi rank but we didn't hear any noise.hull itself well worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for leaving a review. I am looking through all my ‘older’ reviews and I hope you will accept my apologies for the fact that we didn’t reply any sooner. I value your feedback and I hope I am able to welcome you again in the near future.
Luc

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed at the Royal on an all inclusive deal last Friday and Saturday with my brother and his wife. We asked for two quiet rooms as there was going to be two weddings there and thought it may get noisy! We had a smallish but perfectly formed room with a great bathroom and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! It was spotlessly clean with everything we needed.
There was a limited choose of continental breakfast BUT everyone tucked into the wonderful cooked breakfast.
This deal is truly fantastic ( particularly if you like wine and/or beer! )
I would also like to mention the wonderful staff we met who even though they were so busy with weddings and coach parties couldnt have been more helpful. I would like to mention Chris in particular who was especially lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out at the back of hotel are very quiet even though the hotel is in centre of city

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Went on a Deal Checker All Inclusive Offer with friends that we made at our Northampton Deal Checker All Inclusive Offer back in June. We chose Hull with some hesitation and were very pleasantly surprised when we got there.The countryside is beautiful and Hull City itself quite surprising. Vibrant, clean and lots of pedestrianised shopping centres right on the doorstep of the hotel. The hotel itself is marvellous and I would recommend it to anyone. If you arrive by train there is an entrance straight off the platform!!!In fact if we went to Hull again I would go by train as we did not use the car at all.The rooms were lovely, clean and well appointed. The staff could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable and the food was excellent. (In fact too 'posh' for me) The buffet breakfast (my favourite meal) was super.The bar is situated in the main reception area so there was always plenty to look at as the hotel has several function rooms which seem to be occupied most nights. We had a morning at "The Deep" and found it fascinating. Ten out of ten for our two night stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank keswickman22

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed here fri and sat night on the all inclusive deal it was fantastic great value for money the staff were very helpful and the meals were very good and not forgetting the alcohol over all great weekend

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Molts

Reviewed 7 October 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at the Royal,first time when it was The Royal we thought it was good but now it's been taken over it was even better. we stayed on the all inclusive two night package. We got a room upgrade which was lovely, spotlessly clean, new fitted bathroom, flat screen TV and a realy comfortable bed. Meals were good, limited choice on the dinner menu but enough choice for us,waitress kept filling our wine glasses up without us even asking, breakfast buffet very good. Even though the hotel was busy on Saturday night we had no trouble getting served at the bar. Some of the staff said they remembered us from the last time we stayed and all the staff were friendly and chatty, none more so than Christine who deserves a special mention. Late checkout and free car parking were just two more reasons to say that this is the place to stay in the centre of Hull.

1  Thank travelingman64115

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I tried to make a hotel reservation here yesterday and the receptionist was so rude I didn't get the opporunity. Must have been having a bad day but don't we all!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hazeljohnsonollier
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

Dear Tony Shaw.
Thank you for leaving your comment on tripadvisor.com. I am disappointed to read of your experience. Your experience is not typical of the service we deliver. I would appriciate if you could email me the date and time that you phoned the hotel as I would like to investigate the matter further. Do you remember the name of the staff member that answered your call. You can email me on gm@hotels-hull.co.uk. I look forward to hear from you and if you wish to make a reservation, please use my email address and I will make sure this happens. Please accept my apologies for the unacceptable level of service that we provided.
Luc Perquin, General Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2011

The hotel is in a central position, within walking distance of most visitor attractions and the back door of the hotel leads onto the Interchange concourse.
We stayed for 2 nights on the all inclusive deal. The room was small but clean and comfortable. (the deal we had included a room upgrade, but I don't think we were given one even though the hotel was quiet.) The bathroom was nice with a good shower, plenty of hot water and toiletries. The evening meals were very good, but the choice for all inclusive guests was limited to 4 starters and 4 mains which for a stay of 2 nights was ok, but any longer stay would have been a bit limiting. The breakfast was really good with plenty of choice and enough to set you up for the day. The food was hot and dishes replenished frequently. Lunch of soup and sandwiches in the bar area and plenty of tea and coffee was really appreciated.
All in all this is a very nice hotel, spotlessly clean, friendly efficient staff and very good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple