“First Class”

The Royal Hotel Hull
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed at the Mecure Royal Hotel in Hull on the 29 October 2011. As we travelled with National Holidays the check-in was swift and we got to our room to find a lovely twin bedded room with all the usual amenities in good working order. We could even work the remote for the TV and get teletext. ( we wanted to know our local football team result ) The food was good and plentiful and the staff very friendly. The service in the main restaurant was waiter service in the evening and buffet service for breakfast. You could even order your egg preference and get a freshly cook item. We thought for what we paid we got excellent value for money, and clean and comfortable surroundings.
The hotel is right next to the railway station, but we heard no noise. The restaurant overlooks the railway concourse.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone as it is central to all the shops and there is a really nice Shopping Mall nearby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.com
I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is our aim to deliver the best quality and service and I am delighted to read that my team delivered on your expectation. I look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Luc Perquin

There are newer reviews for The Royal Hotel Hull

Reviewed 27 October 2011

My mother and friend arrived at this hotel on Saturday 22nd October on a National Holiday trip to be given a room that had not been cleaned since Thursday - which included beds slept in, dirty towels, dirty bathroom and carpets. How did they know it hadn't been cleaned since Thursday the previous occupants rubbish was in the bin with their personal email details, address and checking out details for the Thursday !!! When complaining to reception they were told the room had been checked - one wonders by whom ! Very disappointed and such a shame as my mother loves her National Holidays and has never had any problems with them. Fab holiday company shame about the Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for leaving a review on tripadvisor.com.
I am disappointed to read that we made a mistake in the allocation of the room. It goes without saying that this shouldn't have happened. I trust that my team rectified this for your mother. I appriciate your feedback and have discussed the issue with my housekeeping team. As you didn't leave me any feedback in regards to the rest of the stay in the hotel, I would presume that your mother enjoyed the overall experience? Would you be so kind to provide me with some more detailed feedback? You can contact me directly on gm@hotels-hull.co.uk
I look forward to hear from you.

Luc Perquin

Reviewed 26 October 2011

some reviews a bit mixed.i found good reception,small but clean room.tea/coffee provided.nice telly.nice shower/bath,condiments provided.2 nights dinner b&b.excellent quick service in restuarant,good quality 3 course eve meal.nice full buffet breakfast.drinks little expensive in bar.best location for shopping,next rail station & bus station taxi rank but we didn't hear any noise.hull itself well worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for leaving a review. I am looking through all my ‘older’ reviews and I hope you will accept my apologies for the fact that we didn’t reply any sooner. I value your feedback and I hope I am able to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed at the Royal on an all inclusive deal last Friday and Saturday with my brother and his wife. We asked for two quiet rooms as there was going to be two weddings there and thought it may get noisy! We had a smallish but perfectly formed room with a great bathroom and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! It was spotlessly clean with everything we needed.
There was a limited choose of continental breakfast BUT everyone tucked into the wonderful cooked breakfast.
This deal is truly fantastic ( particularly if you like wine and/or beer! )
I would also like to mention the wonderful staff we met who even though they were so busy with weddings and coach parties couldnt have been more helpful. I would like to mention Chris in particular who was especially lovely.

Room Tip: Rooms looking out at the back of hotel are very quiet even though the hotel is in centre of city

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Went on a Deal Checker All Inclusive Offer with friends that we made at our Northampton Deal Checker All Inclusive Offer back in June. We chose Hull with some hesitation and were very pleasantly surprised when we got there.The countryside is beautiful and Hull City itself quite surprising. Vibrant, clean and lots of pedestrianised shopping centres right on the doorstep of the hotel. The hotel itself is marvellous and I would recommend it to anyone. If you arrive by train there is an entrance straight off the platform!!!In fact if we went to Hull again I would go by train as we did not use the car at all.The rooms were lovely, clean and well appointed. The staff could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable and the food was excellent. (In fact too 'posh' for me) The buffet breakfast (my favourite meal) was super.The bar is situated in the main reception area so there was always plenty to look at as the hotel has several function rooms which seem to be occupied most nights. We had a morning at "The Deep" and found it fascinating. Ten out of ten for our two night stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank keswickman22

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Stayed here fri and sat night on the all inclusive deal it was fantastic great value for money the staff were very helpful and the meals were very good and not forgetting the alcohol over all great weekend

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Molts

Reviewed 7 October 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at the Royal,first time when it was The Royal we thought it was good but now it's been taken over it was even better. we stayed on the all inclusive two night package. We got a room upgrade which was lovely, spotlessly clean, new fitted bathroom, flat screen TV and a realy comfortable bed. Meals were good, limited choice on the dinner menu but enough choice for us,waitress kept filling our wine glasses up without us even asking, breakfast buffet very good. Even though the hotel was busy on Saturday night we had no trouble getting served at the bar. Some of the staff said they remembered us from the last time we stayed and all the staff were friendly and chatty, none more so than Christine who deserves a special mention. Late checkout and free car parking were just two more reasons to say that this is the place to stay in the centre of Hull.

1  Thank travelingman64115