“another great all inclusive weekend”

The Royal Hotel Hull
Stamford, United Kingdom
“another great all inclusive weekend”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Have just returned from all inclusive weekend at Royal hotel in Hull. Great hotel with lots of character, very good staff, excellent value for money. Breakfast very good, lunch great sandwiches and soup, evening meal very good. Tea and Coffee any time during day and wine and beer at night.
Hotel in centre of Hull.
Can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: ask for room at front of hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you will come back in the near future.
With kind regards,
Luc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We have just returned from a weekend break. My daugher bought a 2 night break from 'buy a gift'. We chose the Mecure and are pleased we did. We had a room on the 1st floor which was lovely. It had all we needed and had modern furnishings. The wonderful sweeping stairs would be lovely for a bride to have photos taken. I only wish that when my daughters decide to get married we could find a place like this. The lady on reception was nice, polite and helpful. The breakfast we thought was nice. The staff that served us were good and like the reception lady helpful. I would love to return to the Mecure again. Give it a try. We are glad we did, its near lots of shops and as said in previous reviews next to the train station. And no I don't work there this is a genuine review lol.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Maybe I need to consider to offer you a position within my sales & marketing team, as you have represented my hotel very well with this review. I hope that you will come back soon. Let me know if when you do, so I can thank you in person.
Birmingham
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed here on an overnight business trip. I walked straight off the train platform to the hotel. Was really convenient. It took about 15 mins for me to check in as there was only one person working on the reception which was a bit annoying to be honest as you would imagine being placed at a train station they must be relatively busy so more than one reception person would be expected in my opinion.
I got to my room and i was surprised how small it was. Bed was extremely comfortable and although my room was to the front of the hotel I was not disturbed by the road running outside. The bathroom was as you would expect very clean, good powerful shower and hotel brand shower, shampoo, conditioner etc.The room service menu was a little on the pricey side so I decided to go and look elsewhere for an evening meal. The hotel bar was spectacular and had the feel of a 5* hotel. Great service at the bar and was the best part of my stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for leaving a review. I am looking through all my ‘older’ reviews and I hope you will accept my apologies for the fact that we didn’t reply any sooner. I value your feedback and I hope I am able to welcome you again in the near future.
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed here a few times now.
Good clean and comfortable.
Excellent Breakfast
Good wi-fi which is an added bonus to business users.
Car parking limited.

Room Tip: Prefer rear of hotel away from main road, but also remember this is adjacent to the railway station...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I have shared your kind comments with the team. In regards to the car park, you are right in saying that this is used by the general public as a short cut to the station. We have CCTV and additional lighting in place to make it as secure as possible. I hope that you will return to our hotel in the near future.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stopped at this hotel last weekend,it was on an all inclusive basis.We took our mams on a weekend break and they loved it.We were upgraded on our rooms and got 2 rooms next door to each other.The staff were very obliging and everything we asked for we got,with no problem at all.The meals were very good(although my mum thought the veggies were a little hard with the evening meal)but baring in mind she boils hers to death and is a young 82 year old lol. It was so well situated for the city centre,for shopping,then going back for a quick snack and coffee then out again for more shopping.I highly recommend the hotel and all the staff were extremely friendly.All the people that have moaned about this hotel must moan just for the sake of it!!!!!.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dawnj570
Thank you for leaving your positive feedback. It is nice to read such positive comments and makes my job so much easier. I have shared your comments with the team. We look forward to welcome you again soon.
london
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is the REAL Fawlty Towers. The only thing missing was John Cleese and Manuel.

The good points: Located right next to the train station.

Cons: The food is terrible - greasy and very poor cooking (greasy undercooked chips, over boiled pasta, cheese that’s gone off, etc). The place is stuck in a time-warp with the decor being ghastly and looking like something out of the 1920s. The staff whilst polite are not up to scratch on communication or customer service skills. e.g. there was a mix-up on the account and the staff thought breakfast would not be included in the rate so the attendant at breakfast asked me my room number and replied quite loudly so that everyone in the breakfast area can turn around and look at me listen to the words "you have to pay for your breakfast", perhaps embarrassing their guests is the aim here i don’t know. On another occasion there was a foul smell in the bar area until I asked the attendant what it was, he said it was the mop. Now what’s more alarming? the fact they use this mop? or that he left it there stinking until four different people asked him what the smell was? There is no atmosphere in the place at all. The rooms are small and in some cases it a long walk through many doors to get to the room from the lift with luggage. The key card gets stuck in the door. The bed sheets and pillow cases had horrible yellow stains on them. The cushions were worn out and need to be thrown out. The water in the bath runs full on and then starts drizzling out so you get boiling hot water or freezing cold water. The taps are like everything else in the hotel (very old) and therefore are separate hot and cold taps, so you have to pass your hands from the hot to cold taps to avoid burning your hands when washing.

Waldorf Salad anyone?

3 Thank neofytos
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Neofytos,

Firstly, sorry for the delay in replying - I have been on holiday during half term. Thank you for your comments and I'm really sorry that you encountered these problems. I would really value the chance to talk through with you all aspects of your stay, so please call me on 01482-325087, or email me at gm@hotels-hull.co.uk if that is more convenient. Thank you in advance and I look forward to talking to you soon.
Luc

Travellers are raving about these Kingston-upon-Hull hotels

Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I went to this Hotel as a treat for my 50th Birthday from my family and friends - it was on an all inclusive deal. On arrival we were allocated 3 rooms all next to each other so we could visit each others rooms easily. The Staff were so friendly and efficient, the food was well above average and we were never left around waiting for anything. I would definately book this deal again (very soon!)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family