The Royal Hotel Hull
Portland Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)
  • Restaurant
Doubletree by Hilton Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)
  • Room Service
Travelodge Hull Central(Kingston-upon-Hull)
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn Hull Marina(Kingston-upon-Hull)
  • Pool
Campanile Hull - City Center(Kingston-upon-Hull)
Kingston Theatre Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)
  • Breakfast included
1,426 results
All reviewstrain stationall inclusive dealqueen victoriacoach tripevening mealnational holidaysfree parkingbuffet breakfastcity centrebar areathird floortea and coffeesaturday nightweekend breaktwin roomstayed here for one nightexcellent value for money
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel if very comfortable and the food is very good. It is very close to the Train Station and other ammenities.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I have apssed on your comments about the food to the team. I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

booked this hotel for a weekend away with my partner as we had seen it before and it looks stunning from the outside. reception staff very friendly and welcoming. room was smaller then expected, it was a hot weekend and the air conditioning kept turning itself off, when i informed reception i was informed they were having trouble in most the rooms. we were hot and uncomfortable all weekend, could not sleep well and could not stay in the room for long hence being up at 6am both mornings and out for a walk as it was too hot. Breakfast was very nice but had to ask for coffee as the hotel staff were standing around chatting. bar staff very nice and chatty. not what i expected and very disappointed for £166 for 2 nights including breakfast. overall a very beautiful hotel but not to the standard i would expect for the money.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your review. I am dissapointed to read that your experience didn't meet your expectations. I apologise for the issues with the airconditioning. The hotel is working hard to resolve the air conditioning problems and hope that have this working again in the near future. I have addressed your comments about the breakfast service with the team. The hotel aims to deliver excellent customer service and I apologies that we have failed on this occassion. I hope that you will come and stay with us in the near future, and If you do, please contact me directly. I will personally look after the arrangements for your future stay.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Stayed for one night (Easter monday). Found twin room comfortable and clean, Next to Hull train station, my seven year old son was very amused watching the comings & goings of Hull train station. Staff were very helpful in giving directions to the KC stadium (20 mins walk). Breakfast a bit pricey , however there is Tesco cafe 50 yards away, so we had it there. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and your son loved the trains. Our location is one of the USP's of the hotel. If you decide to return to Hull in the near future, please contact me directly and in order for me to offer you a complimentary breakfast.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was my second stay at the Mercure Hull Royal Hotel. I requested to be booked here after a good experience last year. I currently travel by train annually to Hull from East Kent for business. After the journey, I find it excellent that the hotel entrance is literally in the station as you get off the train. The reception staff are very good indeed and well in control of their technology. I just gave my name and the receptionist immediately knew all the details of my booking and stay without that delay I often seem to experience where staff peer and 'try and find' the booking. This year there were delays on the trains and I arrived just after the final time for ordering meals. It was not a problem and staff in the restaurant were very helpful. Indeed I noticed two other individuals who had experienced similar problems arriving after me and both were also fed with no problems. The restaurant staff are very professional and friendly.
Having read many of the previous reviews on this hotel, I think it is relatively straight forward to determine if it is right for a stay. The restaurant overlooks the station platforms and yes you do hear the faint rumble of trains arriving and leaving as you eat. I personally like to watch the life of the station as I am eating and do not find this intrusive. I have not had problems with noise in rooms on either of my stays and have slept well. If you want absolute peace and tranquility it is probably not the hotel for you - the hotel is after all part of the station. If you want the convenience of the station, professional and friendly staff together with the character of the building and station location, then this is a very good option. I certainly hope to return next year.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave review. It is good to read that you have found our hotel useful for your business requirements. Our location and free WIFI suit business travellers. I am also pleased to read that my staff delivered a good quality of service. I look forward to welcome you again during your next visit to Hull.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

We were there just for a night, in room 126. This overlooks an inner court and is very quiet and perfectly cool despite the muggy day. One side of the double bed is almost against the wall, so no bedside table there. The accommodation itself is a little basic but certainly clean. All the staff were unfailingly helpful. Breakfast buffet was delicious, especially the Cumberland sausages and the spiced mushrooms. We'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ramsey C
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for your kind review. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. The breakfast sausages are sourced locally and indeed very tasteful. I hope I am able to welcome you back in the near future.