Booked for a business trip in preference to the Holiday Inn Express which had worse reviews. I had a good sleep, felt comfortable and safe. It was relatively quiet .
However, my kettle did not work. The bath water was not hot at 8 am. I went for breakfast but was told I had not paid for it, I had. Breakfast places were limited because tables had not been cleared. There appeared to be three female staff but the clearing up was not a priority. I'm not sure why they were there, as only one hot drink was offered and everything else was self service, stacked on hot plates. I asked for a poached egg as it needed cooking from fresh, it arrived cooked to my liking but was swimming in plenty of its own water. such a simple rudimentary culinary task to correct, but it spoiled the meal.
This place has quite a history and considerable unrealised potential. Pity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hull Royal Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, adjacent to the Railway Station. The Hotel is next to the St Stephens Shopping complex and the Hull Truck Theatre. Close to Hull's historic Old Town Centre and The Deep Aquarium, everything is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Hotel Hull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Kingston Upon Hull
- Quality Hotel Kingston Upon Hull