Stayed here for two nights, on a special offer. Although the booking condition included a "free gift" nobody in the hotel knew what it was. We had asked for a quiet room, which we got as far away from the lift as possible, facing an inner courtyard. The room was a reasonable size but general maintenance was lacking. The bathroom door would not close, the shower head was in such a stupid position it flooded the bathroom with no way of preventing this except turning it off. The sash window was broken and as it was a really hot weekend we had to prop up the window with coathangers, a piece of wood appeared the next morning when the room was serviced. Breakfast was poor, it looked like a canteen with most of the tables pushed together to make long tables. The "hot " food was barely warm standard fare. There were lots of staff but no tables seemed to be being cleared very quickly and food on the hot counter was not refilled, there was also a lack of bread to toast. Breakfast the second day was a little better as the coach parties were not in evidence. Reception staff were pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hull Royal Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, adjacent to the Railway Station. The Hotel is next to the St Stephens Shopping complex and the Hull Truck Theatre. Close to Hull's historic Old Town Centre and The Deep Aquarium, everything is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Lastminute, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Royal Hotel Hull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Kingston Upon Hull
- Quality Hotel Kingston Upon Hull