“Fine stay in a classic place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Royal Hotel Hull

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Royal Hotel Hull

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Kingston upon Hull
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel is centrally based and provides easy accessibility to all areas of interest locally.
The hotel is showing its age. Booked at a discounted special offer rate it provided value for money accommodation. Would not pay full price as I do not believe the room and hotel are worth the normal rates they charge.

Room Tip: Centrally located and attached to the city rail centre. All rooms will have some noise from outside...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for leaving a review. I am pleased to read that you found your discounted rate value for money but I am concerned that your impression of the hotel hasn't been totally favourable. The team and I work hard to meet and exceed our guests expectations in each area of the hotel. However, if you feel that we have missed something, please contact me direclty as my aim is to improve on our guest feedback. I would appriciate if you could contact me with the specific issues that detract you from paying our non-discounted rates? I am of the opinion that we offer value for money. I look forward to hear from you.
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed one night here with a friend to attend a birthday party. Got a great deal including breakfast and while the hotel isn't perfect (dodgy shower tap/shower screen system meant you couldn't turn the shower on before getting in the bath without getting a soaking) it was very good value for money, the staff were friendly, the room plenty big enough and the location excellent for the shops and the train station of course. Would book again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you for leaving a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, despite the bathroom issue. I look forward to welcome you again in the near future.
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

A good 3* hotel with free parking. We managed to get parked immediately and hassle free! Great location for train station and city centre. The hotel building is a beautiful piece of architecture, internally / externally. The lobby is the most interesting space and the hotel's back door leads into Hull railway station; the platforms being several metres away. Our bedroom was spacious and clean, equipped with decent amenities. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good - full English and continental. Will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you give me the oppertunity to welcome you again in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed on inclusive basis 24th Oct 13. The staff were very polite and helpful, especially Betty and Abbey. We found the room spacious and spotless. The food was very good. The room overlooked the main road, but we were not disturbed by any traffic noise during the night. Hope to return when we bring the grandchildren to the Deep.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcome you again in the near future. If your intention is to visit the Deep, why not book our The Deep package which includes discounted tickets.
With kind regards,
Loughton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was booked into the hotel , with two colleagues , whilst on business. I read the reports on the hotel and must admit I was a little apprehensive. There was no need to have been. We where greeted at reception by two very charming, helpful ladies, The hotel lobby, and adjoining rooms are beautiful. A lovely old hotel. I found my room to be warm , clean and quiet. The previous messages about the hot water in the shower, I feel , are unjustified, yes the water certainly was hot but I feel this is a bonus. It is so easy to turn the shower spray towards the wall when adjusting the temperature and turning to the required position when the temperature has been selected ! The buffet breakfast was a great way to start the day, hot and fresh, and as much as you needed. The staff at breakfast were extremely friendly and helpful. All in all I think many of the previous comments were unjustified. We all had a pleasant stay and I would have no worry in recommending this hotel to a friend

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. Tripadvisor is a great way for guests to express their personal opinion of my hotel and I value all feedback. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that I am able to welcome you again in the near future. If you have any more business travel needs to Hull, please contact us directly in order to discuss a corporate rate.
With kind regards,
Luc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston-upon-Hull
Kingston Theatre Hotel
Kingston Theatre Hotel
#1 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hot...
#2 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Ibis Hull
Ibis Hull
#5 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Holiday Inn  Express Hull City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Hull City C...
#8 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Lazaat
Lazaat
#1 of 1 in Cottingham

Been to The Royal Hotel Hull? Share your experiences!