“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Royal Hotel Hull
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed there last night. I arrived quite late (11:15 pm) and the hotel was already locked. No mention when I checked in of morning paper or wake up call. My room was cramped and in need of refurbishment. Service was fairly ordinary. In the morning, I asked the manager where the county court was. He didnt know and asked his colleague next to him who said: "I haven't a clue" in a rather dismissive way. I hardly ever complain on tripadvisor but I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dan s
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
thank you for leaving a review. I am sorry to read that your customer service experience wasn't to our usual high standards. In regards my staff not knowing the location of your visit, I would have expected them to type this into google and to have provided you with the correct route. I will take this up with the team.
I hope that you will return to us in the near future as I am keen to show you this has been an one off laps of service.
regards,
Luc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

we had an over night stay only last night 25 jan 2014 for my husbands birthday so we could eat and drink around the town and fall straight into bed,,we loved our stay very clean staff was friendly and our room was comfy we booked the breakfast and that was great value for money full buffet breakfast with choices,,booked again for their valentines package,,and were really looking forward to it now we no what were getting,,so were one happy couple

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for leaving a review. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in my hotel. It is always nice to read great feedback as this works as an encouragement to the team. I look forward to welcome you during Valentine.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Just had an all inclusive weekend away with my wife at the Mercure Hotel which was excellent value. I had to score it 5 stars, the food in the restaurant both evenings was excellent - not to mention the fab cheeseboard i had both nights which was outstanding. We enjoyed the drinks in a relaxing environment both evenings (17/18th Jan), and were looked after by excellent courteous staff in all areas, reception, bar and restaurant. We got a free upgrade and the room had nice extras such as coffee machine, dressing gowns, slippers etc. The hotel is well located for the centre of Hull and had everything we needed. Will definitely look to come back, thanks for a great weekend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a lovely review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your all-inclusive stay with us. It does represent an excellent deal and I hope you will be staying with us again in the near future.
Edinburgh, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Next to railway station and in centre of town so good location for getting around the city.
Not as grand as it sounds but perfectly adequate for a short visit. Breakfast fine - enough choice. Free wifi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve N
Thank you for leaving a review. I am sorry to read that you found that we lost a little of our grandeur. The hotel team work very hard to meet and exceed our guest expecations and I can assure you, we will work even harder to ensure we exceed our already high standards. I do hope you will return to us in the near future and provide me with your feedback to see if we achieved our aim to exceed your expectations.
regards,
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Attended xmas party there with my friends work, gorgeous venue, sit down meal was perfect, couldn't fault it, so fresh and yummy!!! Entertainment was good - really enjoyed my evening. Staff was attentive. All in all fun night!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to read your excellent feedback about our Christmas parties. I hope this will ensure you book with us again for 2014. We are working on the finalisation of our brochure and I look forward to welcome you again.
Luc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston-upon-Hull
Kingston Theatre Hotel
Kingston Theatre Hotel
#1 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Hull City Centre Hot...
#2 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
Holiday Inn Hull Marina
#4 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Holiday Inn  Express Hull City Centre
Holiday Inn Express Hull City C...
#8 of 17 in Kingston-upon-Hull
Lazaat
Lazaat
#1 of 1 in Cottingham

Been to The Royal Hotel Hull? Share your experiences!