Arrived after 4 hour drive to find the car park full - they had an evening seminar on and the seminar guests had filled the car park. 20 minutes after arriving we were checked in, with one of the rooms we were allocated already being occupied! After the debacle of returning to reception we were given another room. Both rooms generally tired.
Went to bar for evening meal and (in fairness to the few staff around) had to wait 10 minutes to get a drink. Evening food was OK.
Breakfast was very poor, little choice of second rate food and did not feel like the locally sourced produce they say.
Also used the gym but it is hardly next door. The gym is pretty good but it is across the road from the hotel.
Definitely better places for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hull Royal Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, adjacent to the Railway Station. The Hotel is next to the St Stephens Shopping complex and the Hull Truck Theatre. Close to Hull's historic Old Town Centre and The Deep Aquarium, everything is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Lastminute so you can book your The Royal Hotel Hull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Kingston Upon Hull
- Quality Hotel Kingston Upon Hull