The Royal Hotel Hull
Village Hotel Club Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
US$39
Kingston Theatre Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)
US$93
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Hull Marina(Kingston-upon-Hull)
US$98
US$87
US$85
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Doubletree by Hilton Hull(Kingston-upon-Hull)
US$87
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Hull North Hotel(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
US$78
PremierInn.com
US$78
PremierInn.com
Admiral of the Humber Wetherspoon(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
US$52
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hull Central(Kingston-upon-Hull)(Great Value!)
US$50
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
1,431 results
All reviewstrain stationall inclusive dealqueen victoriacoach tripevening mealnational holidaysfree parkingbuffet breakfastcity centrebar areathird floortea and coffeesaturday nightweekend breaktwin roomstayed here for one nightexcellent value for money
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we stayed for the weekend 26/04/2014-28/04/2014, it is a nice clean hotel, staff very friendly and helpful, air con in the room with tea and coffee facilities and plenty of TV stations to choose from. It is a bit dated but when you read up on the history of the hotel you can see why it has not been made to look modern, it is part of its character.
We asked for a upper floor,quiet,non smoking room which we got and were happy with it.
the hotel is very central for all amenities.
The price was a bit steep for the stay but we did enjoy it.

Room Tip: as someone said before which we took the advice, ask for a upper floor quiet room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your review.

I was very pleased you found the hotel nice and clean and the team here friendly and helpful.

The history of the hotel is very fascinating (I am new here and learning lots of new things every day). Our maintenance manager John together with his team are working hard to ensure the impression the hotel gives is fresh and vibrant rather than dated and I am hopeful when you next visit you will be impressed with the progress we have made.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Built either as part of or right next to the train station, this hotel must have been the best in Hull, once!. A little dated but clean and with helpful staff.
I guess that the building must be listed which would explain why (even around the back where they cant be seen) the building still has sash windows. This meant that up until midnight and from 6am there was a continuous 'Ding dong! The next train on platform......'
I did quite enjoy staying there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bigphil1

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed staying here, our aim is indeed to be the best hotel in the city and I am sorry you did not find us to be so. We have a brilliant and interesting history with a fascinating locatio and interesting features including sash windows - you should however not be disturbed by the station noise and we are working hard to ensure all 155 rooms are quite and peaceful.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is a decent value for money 3 star hotel. Accommodation is very acceptable if a little dated. All lights and appliances worked in my room during my one night stay.
The staff were all very friendly and willing to assist with any queries or local advice needed.
Restaurant food in the evening was very good indeed, a short and simple menu cooked very well.
All in all a good hotel offering decent value for money.

Room Tip: I only stayed in room 140 and it was fine!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Derek,

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased that you found the team to be friendly and willing and the food to be very good.

It is dissapointing that you found the hotel dated, myself and the team will be working hard to ensure that future guests form an impression of a vibrant historic hotel.

I hope you stay with us when you next visit the city.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We arrived with friends for new years eve,warm welcome clean rooms helpful staff.
Upon returning from our meal out we were welcomed to join in the celebrations for
Lowing the dinner dance disco and count down everyone really friendly and sociable. Drinks reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Breakfast was fabulous great choice unlimited seconds
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
royalhotelmanager, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Lynne,

Thank you for your generous review.

I was pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope next year you will join us for our celebrations - we are starting the evening with a glass of bubbly and our piper is piping everyone through to dinner. It promises to be a brilliant night.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Well it's an interesting place. Like the look of the old building, but it could do with a revamp. Some of the window don't close properly, which creates a bit of a draft. I think they have really tried to fit a double bed in a very small room, which created a closed in feeling for me. Not the worse room I've stayed in. Free wifi. If they gave a free breakfast and other places were full. Then I would consider. It's right next to the station which is great.

Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your review.

I was dissapointed to read that you had difficulty closing your window and that you found the room too small. There are many advantages when staying in a historic hotel and one of the differences with the standardised new build properties is the large variety of room types and sizes, it is essential that we communicate effectivelywith all our guests so their expectations match what they receive. Clearly we did not achieve this and for that I apoloigise.

I would be very grateful if you could drop me a quick email detailing the room you stayed in, this will allow me to ensure the window has been fixed and that the room is described accurately - my email address is gm@hotels-hull.co.uk .

Again thank you for taking the time to let me know know about your stay, I hope you do choose to stay with us again - if you do I will happily buy you breakfast!