You will only want to stay here if you want to be near the city centre and the station. It was great straight from the train to the hotel. Decor dated and showing signs of past elegance. I stayed in a double but thank goodness I was alone as it was very small. The need for an en suite had used up most of the room. Other than size the room was fine standard Mercure. I decided to eat in having read other reviews and not wanting to go out alone, mistake. It was ok but not excellent and next time perhaps I should venture out. Having said that the gentleman sat to my left at dinner said it was a 'fabulous' meal so everyone likes different things. Breakfast on the other hand was better than expected. The usual buffet but with other options cooked to order and the buffet refreshed and better than some. All staff were lovely at all times. Also free wifi is something I expect and there are still some chains which charge extra, they don't here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hull Royal Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, adjacent to the Railway Station. The Hotel is next to the St Stephens Shopping complex and the Hull Truck Theatre. Close to Hull's historic Old Town Centre and The Deep Aquarium, everything is just a few minutes walk away. The hotel offers free WiFi throughout and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Hotel Hull reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Kingston Upon Hull
- Quality Hotel Kingston Upon Hull