“One night stay”

The Royal Hotel Hull
Reviewed 13 July 2014

On arrival check in quick & efficient & was told we had been upgraded to a room with a lounge
which was very much appreciated, as other family members in our party rooms were on the small side, room was very warm overnight even with window open, a certain amount of noise but this is a city center hotel on a Saturday night. Shower very good if you have mobility problems some rooms a long way from lift. Staff very friendly over all a good stay

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris F
David C, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Chris

Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay

regards

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed one night in room 312. It was a really bad experience. They charged me full rate and when asked for a discount the staff was rude and was not even empathetic. AC didn't work the whole night. The phone was broken and the man came to repair couldn't fix either of them. Flush doesn't work. Couldn't turn off the tap after a shower. One Lift was broken. Very noisy hotel. Unfortunately my first and last trip to the hotel. It was recommended by a very senior figure in the Hull city but I was very disappointed .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ArulnathanS

Thank you for your review.

I was very dissapointed to read that you experienced a number of problems in your room and that we failed to resolve them. We have a good reputation and I was pleased that you were recommended to stay with ourselves, clearly during your stay we got things wrong. Please contact me directly and let me know when you are next due to visit Hull as I would like to make a gesture to help restore your faith in our hotel - my email address is gm@hotels-hull.co.uk

Regards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Antony123 B
David C, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Third visit to this hotel food excellent if you'd enjoy why not go back .loved it staff great rooms great .get focus hotels deal .two brekkies great two evening meals two lunches £89 quid .ps two free bars 7pm till 11pm get in yeah x

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank aksullysheff

Thank you for your review.

A third visit speaks for itself! I'm delighted you enjoy staying with ourselves and the team look after you so well.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Johnofscot

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This Hotel is well situated in central Hull and is attached to the railway station. The building has been partially renovated and the rooms though small are comfortable up to a point, although the view of station in the morning was not inspiring. The plumbing leaves a bit to be desired. My shower leaked over the bathroom floor and the water pressure was very poor. My colleague's room also had plumbing issues. No sports channel on the TV but at least the WiFi was free. Staff were fine although a little lacking in knowledge about places to eat outside the hotel. Finally, I had two breakfasts in the hotel. Service was awful-40 minutes to wait for my coffee and had to ask twice. The breakfast itself was fine, but once more the sausages were only cooked on one side. Bar prices were at central London level, although I was offered a free pint for completed a survey

Room Tip: Suggest you check out the room before agreeing to sleep there because of the noise from the station
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David H
David C, General Manager at The Royal Hotel Hull, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for your constructive reveiw.

I was very concerned to read your comments regards breakfast and I have discussed these with our new breakfast supervisor. I would be very grateful if you could email me with the date of your stay - this will allow us to establish what went wrong and work to improve our service - my email address is gm@hotels-hull.co.uk .

I would also like to know when you are next due to stay in Hull so I may look after you personally.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a work trip. Very nice downstairs in the lobby and receptionists were very friendly. Yet that went downhill when I found out my room backed onto Hull train station. The tannoy in the train station went on til about midnight, and to add to that, the room was very hot and the air conditioning system, would turn on, then turn straight off again. The room was very clean and so was the bathroom. But the fact the room backed onto the train station was a nightmare, and ended in me struggling to sleep. Don't think I would be in a hurry to return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Royrace9

Dear Roy,

Thank you for your review.

I was so sorry to read that you had such a poor night sleep. We have a very few rooms which are disturbed by the noise of the station and we are careful to ensure guests who are allocated these rooms know exactly what they are getting at the time of their booking and when they arrive at the hotel. Something clearly went wrong when we allocated a room to yourself - sorry.

We are working hard to improve the service we offer all our guests and it would be very helpful if you could contact me with the details of your stay so we can investigate how this happened, and ensure it does not happen in the future.

Our air-conditioning has been an issue for a period of time with a number of units not working, I am pleased to report that these are due to be fixed during the course of the next five days

Please let me know when you are next due to stay in Hull, I would like to welcome you to the hotel personally and provide you with a quiet bedroom - my email address is gm@hotels-hull.co.uk .